8 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace's Oak Plaza operations are comprised of the core enabling functions, including: Engineering, Research & Development, Program Management, Product Support, Strategic Supply Chain, Sales & Marketing, Quality, Finance and Human Resources. Together these functional teams collaborate to help engineer the most innovative and highest quality main cabin economy and premium aircraft seating for various customers around the globe.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Design Engineer in our Seating Products business located in Winston-Salem, NC.
* Design ownership of product life-cycle including initial concept through production and product support.
* Design mechanical components and assemblies with an emphasis on manufacturability, reliability and maintainability.
* Perform engineering calculations to determine the size and strength of components. Solve design problems and check computations contributing to analytical designs.
* Prepare, modify and release drawings created in CAD (Unigraphics) to verify fit, form and function of mechanical designs.
* Verify structural acceptability of designs by testing prototypes for reliability and FAA certification through dynamic crash testing.
* Utilize engineering tools such as FMEAs, FEA, and DFMA to validate design content.
* Evaluate materials and parts for use in new designs including communicating with current and new suppliers.
* Operate in a team environment with other functional areas providing input to design solutions and participate in design reviews.
* Bachelor's degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from a four-year accredited college/university required, or equivalent combination of education and one year of experience.
* Experience working with CAD software such as Unigraphics, Solidworks, Pro-E, and/or Catia required. Experience using and/or willingness to learn and use Unigraphics required.
* Experience designing composite parts from materials/processes such as carbon, glass, kevlar, pre-pregs, compression molding, RTM, and/or crush core molding helpful.
* Experience with full product life cycle design using 3D modeling in a production environment is required.
* Prior experience in the design of mechanical systems for commercial aircraft seating products is a plus.
* Experience working with Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) principles.
* Familiarity with FAA requirements a plus.
* Experience with mechanical routing of electrical cables, and/or knowledge or experience with applicable aircraft specs related to wiring routing.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.