4 months ago
Moog Inc. is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems. Moog’s high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, industrial machinery, wind energy, marine applications, and medical equipment.
World-class solutions. Design flexibility. Global depth and support. All delivered by experts who understand our customers’ vision and are committed to helping them achieve it.
It’s what Moog Inc. is all about.
Imagine working alongside people who love tackling difficult and interesting challenges and who respect your contribution to the team.
Imagine an enterprise where a belief in personal accountability continues to drive groundbreaking innovation and global growth.
Imagine working for an organization dedicated to helping you live the life you want—inside and outside of work.
This is the reality of Moog – and you can be part of it.
There are three openings for Design Engineering Associates
in our Space & Defense Group
The Design Engineering Associate will work closely with other engineers, collectively developing thoughts and sketches into conceptual layouts, solid models, drawings, and schematics in support of development and product design.
What your day-to-day will look like…
* Participate in the design of complex electrohydraulic, electromechanical, mechanical, electronic and electro-pneumatic components and systems that will become the products of Moog, Inc.
* Perform routine engineering work, create computer models and complex design layouts of new products; modify or complete repackaging of existing or similar products using various manual and computer aided techniques.
* Tasks include organization and planning of the number and types of drawings, part selection, parts lists generation, developing complex design layouts and related packaging support documentation.
* Performing Tolerance Analysis in conjunction with utilization of GD&T methodologies to meet both design, manufacturing, and inspection requirements.
* Configuration management control of product design.
* Working closely with Design Engineering to help develop their thoughts and sketches, the Design Engineer Associate should be capable of spatial visualization developing conceptual layouts for exploring possible design approaches.
* Participating in the graphical evolution of new products from layout to drawings including correctness of proportion, visualization, clearance checks, arrangement of internal components, necessary dimensional information and material and/or process suggestions and also provide manufacturing models that can be used directly for Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) operations
* Occasionally collaborates with Manufacturing Engineering for the development of CAM programming and manufacturing processes.
* Frequently it is necessary for him/her to contact or have meetings with other disciplines to discuss the best approach for either design or fabrication. This interface includes but is not limited to Design Engineering, Product Engineering, Method Engineering, Shop and Lab.
* Support Engineering, Sales, and Program Management for bid and proposal efforts by providing layouts and assemblies in an expedient manner including compiling design data packages (Models/Drawings) for data submittal into a complete package ready for transmittal to the customer.
* Work is generally reviewed by an engineer more senior than the incumbent.
The qualifications you’ll need to bring with you to this role…
* A Bachelor of Technology degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering PLUS two to three years of design experience
* A relevant Associate's degree PLUS ten years of experience with demonstrated exceptional performance as a Design Draftsman
* Must possess a knowledge of machine shop practices, part fabrication methods, mathematics through descriptive geometry, dimensioning techniques, and geometric tolerancing.
* Must have strong knowledge of mechanical design engineering principles such as properties and strength of materials as well as stress and thermal effects
* It is highly desirable for the candidate to have Siemens NX MCAD Experience.
It's desirable for the candidate to have experience in customizing their Mcad environment in order to take advantage of the Mcad functionality promoting cad and design efficiency.
* Additionally, experience using 3D MCAD software package ie: Solidworks or PTC Creo is a plus. Experiential knowledge of Teamcenter PLM is desirable as well.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran