5 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
B/E Aerospace - Anaheim manufactures nearly all galley air chillers and refrigeration insert equipment currently used by airline operators throughout the world. With over 30 years of experience, B/E Anaheim has designed and certified the broadest range of refrigeration and chiller products to suit multiple commercial and military aircraft platforms. As a reflection of our strict quality standards and adept product support program, products manufactured by B/E Anaheim achieve the market’s highest reliability levels and customer satisfaction ratings. The strength lies in the strong teamwork seen throughout all levels of the facility. We are the industry leader in new product development in fields such as advanced compressor design, thermoelectric devices application and other complimentary galley products in coordination with other B/E Aerospace facilities.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Designer in our Refrigeration Products business located in Anaheim, CA.
* Perform routine design tasks requiring the operation and application of Computer Aided Design equipment.
* Given verbal instructions or written documentation, incorporates changes to advanced engineering and engineering change orders.
* Revise new engineering design sketches, blueprints and production drawings both manually and with the use of computer-aided design software; complete parts listings and specify material list.
* Determines scales, performs routine calculations following well documented and established specifications and design rules.
* Maintaining technical coordination and aesthetic control with Engineering and other industrial design staff members.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
* At least seven (7) years of drafting experience.
* Proficient in detailed models and drawings in AutoCAD and various other Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools (e.g. NX 8.5 or better).
* Proficient in creating and maintaining Bill of Material (BOM), Engineering Change Order (ECO) drafting, and other documentation to support engineering.
* Proficient in drafting standards (e.g. ANSI/ASME Y14.4).
* Proficient in creating 3D models.
* Proficient in mechanical and electrical drawings.
* Proficient in translating electronic documents between various formats (DWG, DXF, STP, PDF, ZIP, etc.).
* Knowledge of best drafting practices.
* Ability to Incorporate red-lines to original drawings from shop drawings as delegated
* Leadership experience working with technical free-thinkers.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
* Working experienced with TeamCenter.
* Experience in sheet metal modeling.
* Ability to read blue prints.
* Previous experience in aerospace industry.
* Ability to attend design reviews and related project meetings (as requested).
* Self-check and correct all work prior to submitting to checker.
* Ability to directly interface with all levels within a company.
* Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.