about 1 month ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Power Transmission System division of UTAS ES in Rome, NY is looking for a Designer/Drafter. As a Designer/Drafter, you will report directly to the IGT Design Engineering Supervisor in Rome, NY. You will be responsible for designing and drafting new part and unit drawings, drawing revisions, and loading Bills of Materials in the MRP system (Teamcenter, SAP)
Main Responsibilities as a Designer/Drafter:
* Responsible for the support of design projects and Engineering Change Orders for the Business Unit.
* Customer focus, communication, and participating in team events.
* Prepares detailed and working drawings from information provided by other personnel, such as Design, Project, Quality, or Manufacturing engineers.
* Check their work against mark-ups and reference drawings.
* Drawings to be produced in NX 11.
* Prepares Bills of Materials in Teamcenter.
* Drafter will also be involved with transfer of mark-ups and models to external drafting support group and checking the work that is returned.
* 5+ years of experience with CAD modeling/drafting in industry
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Track record for personal accountability
* Engineering technical skills, analytical capabilities and overall good engineering judgment
* Knowledge of GD&T
* Familiarity with Configuration Control practices
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Aerospace Industry
* Teamcenter version 11 (UA)
* NX 11, Master/Model concept
* Good working knowledge of GD&T
* Experience with precision tolerancing and fits/clearances
* Export Compliance familiarity
* AS / AA Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.