DEVELOPMENT TOOLS ENGINEER/SPECIALIST
Requisition #: 265037
Delta Air Lines is going through an exciting technology transformation for a Development Tools Engineer/Specialist. We are modernizing our development tools including version control, artifact repository, CI, and CD automation tools. The ideal candidate will have experience with these toolsets, understand testing automation, and agile methodologies. Delta is looking for someone to help drive the adoption of the CI/CD practices. This team will also be responsible for staying current with enterprise standards, industry standards and technologies, methodologies and best practices.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Modernize the development tools including version control, artifact repository, CI, and CD automation tools
- Responsible for testing automation, and agile methodologies
- Assist drive the adoption of the CI/CD practices
- Responsible for staying current with enterprise standards, industry standards and technologies, methodologies and best practices
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in application integration and development
- Ability to identify issues, support and provide real time solutions for them
- Other Framework/Technologies: Git, Jira, CI & CD tools, artifact repository tools, and automation scripting
- Automation experience
- Deployment knowledge
- Familiarity with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written to multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with immediate team members, other IS areas, and clients in other departments
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent synthesizing and organization skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are key to this position.
- This role requires a mastery of understanding of modern tools, principles and practices and candidates must be open to learning additional thinking. The candidate must be will willing to obtain an in-depth understanding of the organization's technology portfolio. The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in previous work situations.
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being