3 months ago
Digital Design Engineer
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
The SGN COE Advanced Projects group is seeking a Digital Design Engineer to support Integrated Navigation System design and rapid prototyping. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on digital design and incorporation of microprocessors/microcontrollers into real time systems.
The primary location for this position is the Aerospace facility in Golden Valley, MN.
The SGN COE Advanced Projects group works extensively with the Honeywell Aerospace Advanced Technology (AT) to develop and prototype next-generation navigation technologies. In cooperation with AT, the SGN COE Advanced Projects team conducts research and TRL 1-6 development in the areas of: GPS-Denied and alternative navigation methods; strapdown navigation and Kalman filtering algorithms; Inertial Measurement Units (IMUs); Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (AHRS); advanced navigation and gyro-compassing systems; GPS and GPS landing systems; robust multivariable control; nonlinear and hybrid systems; identification and estimation theory; and optimization of dynamical systems. We offer an open, collaborative R&D environment and an entrepreneurial culture that fosters creativity, as well as competitive salary and benefits.
The successful candidate must have experience related to design and test of real time microprocessor systems and digital circuits, good communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, the ability to positively influence teams, and technical writing / presentation skills. The primary area of responsibility will be related to the development and demonstration of electronics for Integrated Guidance and Navigation systems for a wide variety of applications, including aircraft, UAVs, ground vehicles, and personnel. The individual will support requirements definition, design, analysis, validation, integration, and test of the electronics for these systems. Responsibilities may also include advanced concept development, proposal writing, technology development, technical coordination and project management. In their role they will participate on technical teams and interact with Honeywell business units and contract agencies, including US government agencies.
YOU MUST HAVE:
* Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
* Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in microprocessor/digital design
* Due to ITAR requirements, US Citizenship or US Lawful Permanent Resident Status is required.
* Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field
* Experience in design and analysis of digital circuitry and real time microprocessor systems
* Ability to integrate and test electronic circuits
* Ability to use general test equipment including multi-meter, oscilloscope, and spectrum analyzer
* Experience in the use of HDL (VHDL/Verilog)
* Experience writing embedded software in C, C++ and/or assembly
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience with technical presentations to large groups
* Ability to work multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
* Analog design experience with sensor interfaces: processing, conditioning and conversion is a plus
* Familiarity with inertial navigation design and/or sensor technologies is also a plus
* Job ID: 00354679
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Golden Valley, MN USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.