12 days ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 04/06/2018
Posting Close Date: 04/22/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Reporting into the Team Lead, Digital Production, User Experience, the Digital Production Designer will support the operations of digital production across WestJet.com, Email, Banners, Blog and other digital marketing initiatives. They will deliver on time, high quality deliverables as they relate to digital operations, projects, campaigns, marketing materials and assets. The position requires strong digital design skills, combined with a background in web technologies.
This position can be located in either our Calgary or Toronto offices. Travel between the two offices (30-40%) is required.
* User Experience (UX) and User Centered Design (UCD) activities: Support daily/weekly content updates to WestJet.com including destinations and hotels and marketing initiatives (WestJet.com, Email, Banners, Blog, etc.).
* Digital UX Strategy: Provide consistent page layouts and design throughout WestJet.com.
* Project Management: Provide timely updates on work progress and proactively report against anticipated delays.
* Stakeholder and Vendor Management: Develop strong working relationships with stakeholder and UX team members to ensure quality work, collaboration and coordination.
* User Testing (Usability and Multivariate): Assist in simple A-B testing.
* Leadership and Training: Communicate with team lead on challenges and/or opportunities.
* Content Strategy: Modify and update existing content on WestJet.com using pre-built CMS components to ensure a consistent guest experience.
Professional Qualifications and Education:
* 1 to 3 years’ relevant experience
* Recognized Diploma at a College/Technical School
* Advanced knowledge in: The Adobe Creative Suite design software, TeamSite/LiveSite and OpenSource content management systems, Responsive web design
* Working knowledge in: Wireframing, Wireframe prototype tool (Axure), CSS and HTML
* Proficient knowledge of: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Understanding of: Emerging web languages and technologies
* Experience with email marketing campaigns
* Ability to work in a high pace production environment
* Team player – works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded
* Good attention to detail
* Proven ability to work independently and in group situations
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.