3 months ago
A leadership position reporting to the Managing Director of Airport and Government Affairs. This individual will be responsible for developing airport affairs strategies and managing properties at JFK, LGA, EWR and ORD. The Director of Airport Affairs represents the American’s corporate interests in dealings with airports, other airlines’ properties representatives, A4A, and industry consultants in relation to obtaining appropriate facilities for American’s operations. Directly involved in negotiating/administering leases, monitoring airport operating budgets, passenger facility charges, miscellaneous airport fees and capital improvement plans. Also responsible for off-airport leases. Works in direct collaboration with station management, CRE facilities project managers, State and Local Government Affairs, and other key stake holders within the company. The position will be based in NYC.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Negotiate and administer contracts, leases, subleases, use and operating agreements with airports and other commercial and retail property landlords and coordinate internal approvals of leases and facility projects.
* Coordinate space requirements between user departments and landlords in accordance with corporate standards.
* Analyze and model financial impacts of space and rate changes on overall lease economics.
* Prepare business cases to support decision-making regarding procurement of new space, relocations, right-sizing and other CRE related transactions.
* Manage a properties portfolio showing inventory of leased space and associated economics.
* Represent company on Airline-Airport Affairs Committees in matters such as annual operating and capital budgets, rates and charges, lease and use agreement terms, and airport master plans. Chair such committees and working groups where appropriate.
* Proactively anticipate changes in user charges at airports and work diligently with industry peers and local management to both justify the increases and minimize the impact to American.
* Undergraduate degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance or related subject or equivalent experience and training; MBA or Law degree preferred
* At least 6 years of airline experience, preferably in Real Estate, Airport Affairs and Finance with extensive knowledge of field operations
* Knowledge and experience in the administration and negotiation of lease agreements, and specifically Airport-Airline Use and Lease Agreements
* Ability to be assertive while maintaining diplomacy and political awareness
* Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (e.g., Word, Outlook, PowerPoint); advanced MS Excel experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, shift priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment, while exercising sound judgment to make decisions
* Willing and able to travel at least 30% of the time
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 17211
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Manager, Procurement, Real Estate, MBA, Management, Operations, Sales