HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
The Director, Fleet Engineering is a key leader within the Horizon Air Maintenance and Engineering organization. This role leads the team of managers and engineers in improving the benefits of the Horizon Air fleet. This role oversees the efforts to use data mining and analysis techniques to identify opportunities for improvements and develop strategic projects to realize those improvements. Successful leadership in this role requires an unwavering commitment to safety and compliance, and the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. In addition, team building and working together skills are required to work with internal customers throughout the airline.
- Lead the engineering team in improving the mechanical reliability of the Horizon Air fleet, through data driven decision making and adjustment to the maintenance program.
- Maintain a working knowledge of regulations, company policies and procedures.
- Work with the Engineering Standards and Engineering Compliance functions to ensure adherence to all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and Company policies/procedures.
- Ensures areas of responsibility meet Company quality expectations through continuous review and improvement, and active participation in the CAS Program.
- Foster an environment of innovation and creativity in the development of solutions to improve mechanical reliability.
- Review any product deficiencies with the supplier, OEM, or Vendor to ensure they compensate or improve the product for the benefit of the Company.
- Ensure potential changes to the fleet are appropriately evaluated and the disposition is documented.
- Monitor progress of accepted changes through the implementation steps.
- Represent the Maintenance and Engineering Division in cross-divisional meetings regarding equipment changes to the fleet.
- Serve as a member of the Reliability Review and CAS Boards.
- Oversee the structured evaluation of manufacturer suggested engineering projects.
- Monitor the Engineering budget and look for opportunities to increase efficiency and lower costs.
- Represent Horizon Air in industry meetings, conferences, working groups, and with suppliers to maintain contact with the industry, and keep abreast of any product or system improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embody the Horizon Values of Safety, Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative, and Continuous Improvement.
- BS Engineering degree, required
- Ten years of relevant experience at an airline operator, aerospace OEM (original equipment manufacturer), or equivalent engineering organization, required
- Five years of supervisory experience, required
- Strong data analysis experience including statistical methods, preferred
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certificate, preferred
- Experience with the TRAX maintenance tracking software, preferred
- Familiar with FAA Regulatory requirements, documents, and compliance processes, preferred
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal, formal meeting presentations, required
- Advanced Excel / MS Access analysis skills, preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum age of 18
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
The location for this position is in Portland, Oregon
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well). Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
Please apply on or before: August 30, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.