11 months ago
Job ID #: 10183
Location: US - Florida - Doral (97th Street)
Functional Area: Information Technology
Division: AHV - Maint, Repair, & Overhaul
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Travel Percentage: 30
Hours of Work:
POSITION SUMMARY: The position of Director, Information Technology is responsible for overseeing the IT function of the MRO Division on a global basis. This position requires a strong IT project manager; one who clearly demonstrates an ability to roll-up their sleeves and is directly involved in providing IT solutions for the business. This position reports to the Vice President and General Manager, MRO Division and the Vice President, Information Technology, Aerospace and Defense Division.
The position will require approximately 30% travel; both domestic in the U.S. and internationally in Europe. The individual will be based in either Miami, Florida or the United Kingdom.
IMMEDIATE PRIORITIES FOR THE NEXT 18 MONTHS INCLUDE:
• Moving the entire division to the latest version of Quantum
• Implementing Quantum in three MRO locations in the US
• Driving the use of CRM and BI tools to realize business value for the Sales & Marketing front end of the business
• Developing a strong super user business team to support the business applications.
This role has two direct reports and dotted line reporting relationships with the site IT administrators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage all functional areas in the delivery of information technology across the organization, including procedures, processes and on-time, on budget delivery of projects.
• Ensure procedures and policies are deployed in accordance with AMETEK guidelines and external regulations.
• Participate in ensuring information technology is able to support the strategic direction of the organization through the use of appropriate technologies.
• Develop new processes as needed to support business goals
• Supervise the Division’s information technology team to ensure the support and information technology needs of the organization are understood and these needs are being met.
• Lead and manage the global ERP implementation plan ensuring projects are identified and executed in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with all FAA, IT Sarbanes-Oxley and other externally imposed regulations
• Report to management on major accomplishments, issues and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent with 10-15 years related experience managing information
• System design and implementation experience required
• Candidates must have led the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning Applications in manufacturing businesses, and will have extensive experience maintaining those systems
• Candidates must have managed the IT team and infrastructure in a multi-site, regulated manufacturing environment (i.e. - FAA, FDA)
• Strong project management experience
• International experience is extremely desirable
• Candidate should have public company experience
• Aerospace MRO and Quantum ERP experience a significant plus.
• Enthusiastic leader, capable of consistently motivating and influencing peers and subordinates to take action
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Able to translate business vision to technical staff members and translate technical concepts and ideas to business and executive personnel
• Results oriented with proven ability to mobilize and energize cross-functional teams to implement solutions
• Demonstrated skills in the successful development and implementation of systems change
• Comprehensive knowledge of information technology and able to translate application to organization objectives and results
• English – read, write and speak fluently
• Spanish - the ability to be conversant and understand Spanish is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
• Ability to travel 30% both domestically and internationally
• Knowledge of Excel, Access, PowerPoint and other related software
• Mid-market ERP systems knowledge highly desirable (examples include Quantum, Movex and Amos)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
6 months ago
only 15 days until close
2 months ago
only 2 days until close
14 days ago
only 22 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close