Director, Interiors Integration Production
Requisition #: 260426
Delta Technical Operations/Interiors Company is seeking a Director, Interiors Integration Production to oversee manufacturing, quality and supply chain operations for the production of aircraft parts and components for the Company's integration business; administer regulatory compliance systems; manage procurement & inventory activities and manage facility requirements.
This position is based in the Technical Operations Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
1. Oversee the production of aircraft parts, components and kits used on aircraft modification projects and other fleet initiatives.
2. Administer planning and production control functions. Produce forecasts, manage lead times and generate cost estimates.
3. Develop and oversee the procurement strategy. Approve make/buy decisions, maintain supplier relationships, and direct the contracting and supplier scorecard process.
4. Develop, oversee and adhere to the Company's regulatory compliance systems involving manufacturing quality, environmental and health & safety.
5. Develop and maintain the Company's FAA certification functions. Develop capabilities, expand delegations and enhance FAA relationships.
6. Oversee facility maintenance, housekeeping and upgrade activities.
7. Establish a continuous improvement culture throughout all operations.
8. Provide schedules, budgets and cost estimates. Set goals, define metrics and assign work supporting Company objectives.
9. Build, develop and lead a high-performing team. Hire staff, set standards, train for skill and coach team members to achieve objectives.
10. Develop both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
1. Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent or comparable work experience preferred. MBA preferred.
2. Ten (10) years of experience in an operations role involving engineering, manufacturing or repair of aircraft and five (5) of which in a lead or supervisory role.
3. Must have direct experience with fabrication methods and practices of structural, composite and electrical parts and components.
4. Must have experience with planning and forecasting systems for manufacturing operations.
5. Must be able to provide accurate material and labor estimates from engineering drawings, sketches and renderings.
6. Must have quality assurance and control knowledge, specific to manufacturing quality systems and certification requirements.
7. Must have knowledge of equipment and facility maintenance, housekeeping and shop practices.
8. Must have strong financial skills, preferably from managing a business unit or profit center.
9. Must be organized, self-starting, detail-oriented and an effective planner and project manager.
10. Must be a leader and have good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build consensus, influence people and communicate effectively at all levels.
11. Must have excellent computer skills and be proficient with ERP systems and MS Office applications.
12. Must have strong knowledge and experience with continuous improvement methods.
13. Specific knowledge of aircraft interiors, composite structures, cabin electrical and structural parts preferred.
14. Experience with leading teams of technical people and managing complex projects preferred.
15. FAA designee as a DER, DMIR or ODA Administrator or Unit Member preferred.