7 months ago
Director, International Trade Compliance
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 53693BR Date posted 09/14/City Troy
This role is responsible for the following, across Landing Systems:
• Leading the ITC function at all sites, domestic and international, through clear communication, strategic partnership with key stakeholders, and integration of ITC requirements into key business processes.
• Serving as a member of the Landing System’s Senior Leadership Team and discharging leadership responsibilities, including leading continuous improvement events and trainings.
• Reporting progress of implementation of the ITC program to UTC/UTAS ITC leadership and segment President of Landing Systems.
• Driving process maturity and continuous improvement activities for all key ITC processes.
• Implementing UTC/UTAS policy and procedural requirements at all sites.
• Managing global import compliance program.
• Managing ITC classification program, including international export and HTS classification.
• Interfacing with regulatory authorities.
• Leading compliance investigations, disclosures and audits including remedial measures and corrective action implementation.
• Managing ITC self-assessments and ACE activity.
• Managing facility security and technology control plan requirements.
• Managing agreement and license activity (both ITAR and EAR) including preparation, application and post approval management phases, including non-US business unit agreement and license activity including, preparation, application and post approval management phases.
• Travel 50%
Qualification: Experience / Qualifications Required:
* Minimum of 5 years of International Trade Compliance experience, including leading an ITC team; ability to drive functional excellence at business unit level.
* Working knowledge and experience with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) as well as the import regulations
* Thorough understanding of the Commodity Control List (CCL) contained in the EAR and the United States Munitions List (USML) contained in the ITAR
* Proven effective utilization of ACE/continuous improvement tools to drive process improvements.
* Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; must be able to work in a team environment.
* Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
* Ability to travel 50% to domestic and internal sites.
* Aerospace industry experience
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Education: BS/BA in Engineering, Business or related field; MBA/JD preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.