6 months ago
Control day to day operation of on-going and planned maintenance on company operated aircraft. Maintain communication with other departments on unscheduled and scheduled maintenance ensuring resources available for repair of company operated aircraft. Ensure
all work is accomplished in accordance with applicable aircraft manuals, and company policy and procedures. Requires quick and decisive decision making skills, consistent with Spirits commitment to operational safety and excellence. Monitor deferrals and
ensure planned action for correction at next scheduled overnight stop. Monitor 3Day/Weekly checks and other planned events ensuring routing to scheduled stations is accomplished. Responsible for maintaining proper staffing of Maintenance Control personnel
at all times.
* Compliance with FAA oversight requirements of Spirits Maintenance Operations
* Effective management and correction of deferred maintenance items prior to expiration.
* Effective communication to Company relating to out of service aircraft and estimate of return to service time.
* Effective management and scheduling of aircraft 3 day/weekly checks/short term MEL and Deferred Maintenance Items (DMI)
* Trained and Qualified Maintenance Control personnel.
* Oversee Company Chronic Aircraft Management program and establish effective troubleshooting function for the airline
* Determine air worthiness of company aircraft. Movement of Spirit personnel to other stations when required.Decide when outside resources are needed to repair company operated aircraft.
* Staffing requirements of Maintenance Control
* Able to multi-task, and coordinate repairs of complicated aircraft systems in timely manner.
* Able to communicate effectively with other departments with a clear understanding of work being accomplished
* Aircraft system knowledge(preferred A320 family)
* Effective Troubleshooting skills
* Maintain training requirements of Maintenance Control personnel
* 10+ years of experience in the aviation industry
* Ability to travel up to 10
Required Skills/ Experience:
* College degree preferred
* Military or voctional training in aircraft maintenance
* A&P License required
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and
promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.