5 months ago
Director, Materials Management & SI&OP
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54357BR Date posted 09/27/City Windsor Locks
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
This UTC Aerospace Systems is business unit is looking for a dynamic Director of Materials Management & SIOP who will be responsible for driving an ES-wide transformational strategy in Materials Management and Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP). Key outcomes will be to develop and deploy materials management strategies and processes from demand management through supplier replenishment.
This is a highly visible, key leadership position with the expectation that the selected candidate will help optimize operational performance across all ES sites through the development of robust discipline health, system integrations, process and tool alignment. Furthermore, this individual will lead a diverse team to the implementation of ACE, Lean principles, and effective materials planning methodologies.
Additional responsibilities include:
-Direct supervision of the ES-level materials, SIOP and Operations performance analytics team
-Cross-functional collaboration with twenty ES operations sites, six global operations sites, central-UTAS functional leads, Contracts Demand Management, Aftermarket, Finance and other functions as required to support achievement of inventory and delivery goals
-Coordination of ES operations performance reviews and reporting to advance key performance indicators related to materials management and SIOP
- Transform the Materials Management function in support ACE 2017 operating system
- Align selection, development, retention and promotion requirements of talent for the Materials function (including SIOP) by working closely across the ES operations
- Advance utilization of ERP Systems (SAP) and adjacent systems
- The position will be located in Windsor Locks, CT.
Qualification: Basic Qualifications
-A minimum of 12 years of related experience primarily in a manufacturing and operations environment
-Demonstrated knowledge of inventory management methodologies and best practices as well as 3rd party logistics
-Demonstrated leadership experience including direct supervision and cross-discipline collaboration, in materials management, supply chain and/or operations
- Five-plus years’ experience in lean materials/logistics required (PFEP, JIT/JIS, Kanban, SWIP, etc.).
- Experience in the development and management of kanbans, supermarkets, and vendor managed inventory (VMI).
- Strong experience in developing and deploying enterprise-wide lean materials management strategies
- ERP/ MRP experience
- Experience in executive level reporting and communications
- Knowledge of ACE and Lean principles, tools and processes
- SAP knowledge
- Demonstrated versatility and flexibility in past working environments
- A change agent and have led an organizational change
- APICS certification or equivalent preferred
- Strong work ethic, high energy and a focus on results
- BA/BS degree in related area (Operations management, supply chain management, materials management or logistics, etc.) required
- MBA or advanced degree a plus
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.