Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties as assigned)
1. Participates in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives.
2. Responsible for the safety compliance of all maintenance department employees and ensuring all company equipment meets OSHA and other regulatory compliance rules. Responsible for conducting monthly departmental safety meetings and ensures documentation of the meeting and all personnel attendance.
3. Establishes criteria for hiring personnel for maintenance department positions.
4. In conjunction with the Director of Quality Control, establishes the requirements for initial and recurrent training for all personnel involved in the maintenance, preventative maintenance and inspection of company aircraft.
5. In conjunction with the Director of Quality Control, acts as a liason with all FAA officials.
6. Ensures that the company aircraft are airworthy, clean and in compliance with Company standards and FAA regulations.
7. Assists in all customer contract drafting and negotiations. Ensures compliance with all customer contractural requirements.
8. Directs and coordinates activities of various maintenance departments, including Aloha Tech Ops to attain the goals and objectives for fleet reliability and customer requirements.
9. Reviews and analyses all maintenance activities, cost efficiencies, support of flight operations, and forecast data to determine the departments progress toward its stated goals and objectives.
10. Confers with departmental Directors, Managers and other essential personnel to review achievements, financial obligations necessary for the fleet and to discuss required changes in goals or objectives resulting from current or changing conditions.
11. Assists in the development of policies and implements procedures to be followed by all personnel performing maintenance and other types of repairs or services at the main base and outer stations.
12. Develops, monitors and executes budgetary policies pertaining to all Maintenance functions and assists the VP, Maintenance & Fleet Planning in the development of the Maintenance budget and completes monthly expense account reviews.
13. Serves as member of management assigned to special studies and research for future business opportunities.
14. In accordance with the 14 CFR Part 5 rule this is a key aviation safety-related position that is responsible for development, implementation, and maintenance of FAA Safety Management Systems (SMS) at Aloha Air Cargo. This is a 14 CFR Part 119 required management position, as well as a Part 145 management position.
• Must have a high school diploma or GED. Aviation Management degree preferred. Must have 10 years aviation maintenance experience or combination of education and experience and at least 3 years aviation related supervisory experience.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Requires computer skills and knowledge of specialized computer programs and software applicable to aircraft maintenance and operations.
• Hold a mechanic certificate with both airframe and power plant ratings, and have held these ratings for at least 10 years.
• Have at least 5 years of experience in a position responsible for returning airplanes to service.
Aloha Air Cargo reserves the right to alter the content of this job description, after consultation to reflect changes to the job or services provided, without altering the general character or level of responsibility. The duties described in this job description must be carried out in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity, dignity and due respect for all employees and service users and is consistent with Aloha Air Cargo's Equal Opportunities Policy.
DOT regulations, 14 CFR part 120 identifies this position as performing safety-sensitive functions. You will be required to undergo DOT pre-employment drug testing to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opiates, PCP (Phencyclidine) and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.