5 months ago
B/E has a leading worldwide market share in all of their major product lines and serves virtually all of the world’s airlines, aircraft manufacturers and leasing companies through its direct global sales and customer support organizations. B/E’s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to business jet and commercial OEM’s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design and Certification.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including Director of Operations in our Lighting & Integrated Systems business located in New Berlin, WI.
Reporting to the VPGM, the Director of Operations will plan, develop and implement activities in multi-functional production areas to meet production goals, quality and cost objectives, to include management of associates involved in production, assembly, subassembly or fabrication operations by performing the following duties.
* Reviews and establishes production schedules based on product introduction, efficiency, materials supply and personnel resources; directs activities through subordinate managers and supervisors to maximize production objectives, maintain quality, and attain output requirements that are consistent with cost and delivery conditions.
* Establishes and modifies operational methods and processes by determining changes in materials, equipment, and procedures; develops and establishes departmental standards and practices.
* Directs production activities with other functions such as materials, marketing, new product development, customer service, manufacturing engineering, quality inspection, among others.
* Plans and directs procedures and budgets; makes budgetary recommendations on capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor.
* Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university or an equivalent combination of formal education, on-the-job training, and/or work experience.
* Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience including leadership role(s)
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders including Senior Leadership.
* Desire to identify continuous improvement opportunities and lead projects to make improvements to processes, procedures, etc.
* Demonstrated ability to build credibility with, interact with, and influence suppliers, customers, and key stakeholders; Ability to build strong relationships.
* Knowledge of Supply Chain and Quality practices.
* Advanced degree
* Experience in a highly regulated industry, especially aerospace.
* Strong business acumen and knowledge.
* Experience working in a large organization.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.