|Description||Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines currently performs flying services for American Airlines. Kicking off in September, Air Wisconsin will begin a new long term contact with United Airlines and will fully transition over to operating as United Express by March 2018.
Operating CRJ-200 regional jets as American Eagle and soon to be as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines brings passengers from their hometowns large and small to hubs that provide them with a gateway to countless travel destinations.
Air Wisconsin's team is made up of around 1,500 members dedicated to making our travelers’ experiences safe and pleasant. With service to approximately 70 cities throughout North America, we carry an estimated 6 million passengers a year.
The Director of Pilot Recruitment will be responsible for developing and implementing the Pilot Recruitment Strategy of the Company under the direction of the Managing Director of Flight Operations. The Director will oversee the coordination of the Flight Operations Recruiting team and the execution of Flight Department objectives for screening and recruiting pilots.
• Provide vision, leadership, planning, project coordination, and management to the Flight Ops Recruiting team while collaboratively working with Senior Leadership and Flight Operations to strategically develop and implement a successful pilot recruitment program.
• Develop, maintain and implement the marketing and social media plan in coordination with the Corporate Communications team and other media resources.
• Efficiently lead a high-performing pilot recruiting team in a fast paced environment while overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
• Continually review and enhance the Company’s strategy for short, mid and long-term Pilot Recruitment programs to timely respond to changing market conditions.
• Research and recommend state of art talent sourcing methods, techniques and tools.
• Create a superior pilot candidate experience and ensure it is maintained throughout the sourcing and selection process.
• Identify and recommend public relations activities with various pilot trade organizations, associations, and universities to help support the pilot recruitment plan.
• Responsible for analyzing and directing all pilot recruiting related activities.
• Oversee the selection and execution of pilot recruiting events.
• In collaboration with the Human Resources department, ensure that all administrative support and compliance functions are seamlessly provided by the Human Resources team to the Flight Ops recruiting team.
• In conjunction with the Director – Business Planning, develop and maintain metrics to ensure pilot hiring goals are achieved.
• Interact with the HR Compliance team to ensure all prescreening and background processing is completed in accordance with Company policy.
• Promotes and fosters a safe and secure operating environment.
• Assist and support goals for retention and diversity.
• Attendance is considered an essential responsibility.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Travel up to 70% will be required.
• Articulate professional with strong leadership and communications skills.
• Experience as a management recruiter in a dynamic, fast paced competitive hiring environment is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, preferred in Aviation Management, Pilot Management, HR Recruiting.
• Experience in, or ability to quickly understand the regional industry pilot recruiting environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment.
• Experience in organizing marketing-type events.
• Ability to work independently with strong drive towards setting and exceeding challenging goals.
• Excellent professional presentation and communication skills.
• Advanced MS Office knowledge and computer skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to set and follow priorities.
• Highly energetic, flexible, and dynamic personality.