4 months ago
Job ID #: 10099
Location: US - Pennsylvania - Collegeville
Functional Area: Operational Excellence/Lean
Division: EMG - Specialty Metals
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - Pennsylvania - Collegeville
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Travel Percentage: 30
Hours of Work: 8AM - 5PM
Ametek Specialty Metal Products manufactures and markets a wide range of products including; powder, precision tubing, and precision strip. These products are available in a wide range of materials such as; stainless steel, nickel alloys and titanium to the end use markets of; aerospace, medical, nuclear, and oil & gas. We deliver exceptional products and service to customers around the world, every day.
We are currently seeking a Director Operational Excellence Specialty Metal Products Division who can satisfy the following responsibilities and requirements across our 6 operating facilities in Collegeville, PA, Plymouth, UK, Reading, PA, Eighty Four, PA, Lancaster, PA and Wallingford, CT.
This position is accountable for establishing the strategy, execution and implementation of an operational excellence methodology and culture that yield measurable improvements in SMP’s operational KPI’s (Velocity, OTD, conversion cost, throughput, inventory, quality, safety) in our total supply chain. The position will be the SME for SMP and the functional leader.
Outcomes to achieve within the first twelve to eighteen months.
• Outcome 1: Improve OTD of all locations over 95% to original customer promise date.
• Outcome 2: Identify and implement primary constraint identification and reduction on capacity limited processes, specifically targeting those needed to achieve growth plans.
• Outcome 3: Increase velocity thereby reducing lead times focusing on top three customers per location to industry competitive levels.
• Outcome 4: Deploy a standard set of tools and vocabulary with all sites having a VMB, 3 Kanbans and 3 Kaizens in support of optimizing Operational efficiency.
• Outcome 5: Create site specific champions for rapid deployment.
• Outcome 6: Improve quality to < 500 ppm external defects
• Customer Focus – builds strong customer relationships and solves customer problems.
• Financial Acumen – understands how behaviors and decisions affect financial measures.
• Managing Complexity – makes sense and simplicity of complex, voluminous, high quality and sometimes seemingly contradictory information to effectively solve problems
• Decisive – willing to make timely decisions even in times of uncertainty
• Action Oriented – takes on opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Ensures Accountability – Sets clear expectations in line with commitments, sets proper business context and manages people to deliver on outcomes and not efforts.
• Drives for results and outcomes not effort.
• Attracts top talent.
• Builds and leads effective teams.
• Communicates effectively – uses multiple methods of communication to share timely, concise and accurate information to a variety of audiences. Can make the complex, simple.
• Instills trust – keeps their word and earns their keep through honesty, accuracy and authenticity.
• Bachelor's degree in Management or Business Administration
• 5 years of progressively responsible experience in related capacities
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification, and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• 5 years of operational leadership experience
• Experience with LEAN, TPM and Six Sigma methods
• Experience in driving process transformation and an end-to-end process mindset
• Record of delivering quantifiable efficiencies/performance optimization and implementing change across multiple functional areas
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead complex, large-scale, cross-functional initiatives
• Analytical and problem-solving skills with record of innovation and results
• Strategic thought leader with strong business acumen
• Excellent communication skills with ability to secure alignment and influence without authority at senior-leader levels
• Excellent computer skills (MS products)
• Experience coaching and leading teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and project
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.