4 months ago
Lead the strategy development and execution for Honeywell Aerospace’s largest and fastest growing business in this highly visible position!
This Marketing and Strategy executive will be responsible for the strategic direction of the Aerospace Service Business. This individual will work with multiple cross-functional business teams to drive strategic planning, growth, and marketing functional excellence and New Product Development [NPI] processes for the business. He/She will sit on the leadership team of the Aerospace Services business and will also have direct responsibility to the Aerospace level marketing and strategic planning function
Historically, many professionals in these key marketing and strategic planning roles go into business management leadership positions. As such, he/she must possess excellent business acumen, interpersonal skills and leadership. It is critical that he/she can apply their strong business acumen in practical ways to support the team in achieving outstanding operating income and cash flow.
The successful candidate will be expected to be a high-energy, creative, and resourceful self-starter who demonstrates leadership skills and instincts. He/She is highly intelligent and enthusiastic with a commitment to excellence. In terms of personal competencies, the successful candidate must be a hands-on person who possesses the best combination of strategic thinking that also leads to concrete results. He/She is a practical versus a theoretical thinker.
In addition, he/she should possess the following competencies:
* Leadership: A confident, mature person with the ability to connect and inspire others. A proven track record of leadership that leads to concrete results that drive income and cash.
* Results Oriented: A driver who possess the ability to take actions and implement effective solutions in a timely manner.
* Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver. Methodical and hands-on, as well as detail-oriented.
* Analytical Thinking and Decision-Making: A 'conceptualizer' of enterprise and market trends/issues who can then integrate that thinking into marketing and business strategies. Decisive and logical at thoroughly evaluating issues. Excellent planning, execution and project-management skills.
* Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills: A team player and builder, receptive to ideas from others. Shares information and keeps team members and partners informed. Works effectively with others to identify and resolve issues. Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force. Bottom line, an ability to interact with all levels of management, to inspire in a way that others want to make things happen.
YOU MUST HAVE:
* Bachelor's degree required
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in marketing / business leadership / strategic planning positions in a corporate environment or a top-tier strategic management consulting firm
* Success leading strategic planning, growth initiatives, and/or operational enhancement engagements.
* Five of the ten may be in engineering.
* Marketing Degree and/or MBA with Marketing focus preferred
* Strategic, analytical and implementation skills and possess a well-developed strategic toolkit [e.g., market definition and sizing, segmentation, value management, VOC, finance/accounting, microeconomics, go-to- market skills]. Implementation experience is particularly important.
* Relevant hands-on experience where significant impact was achieved.
* Broad-based business thinker who can collaborate effectively with peers as well as executive functional and senior business line leaders.
* Demonstrated strong business acumen with the leadership and functional ability to define and implement growth strategies
* Capacity to be effective in a complex global business environment
* Track record in top level executive interactions and communications to develop, communicate and create buy-in around business strategies
* Ability to forge solid relationships and manage across a broad and geographically dispersed business
* Excellent project management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communications
* Financial and analytical skills
* Executive presence
* Organized and able to manage multiple priorities effectively
* Ability to develop and lead a team
* Aerospace / Defense industry experience is a plus but not a prerequisite
* Job ID: 00352841
* Location: Phoenix, AZ