3 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Responsible to manage and resolve GDS & airline issues relating to all current functionalities including trouble reports, display problems, fare discrepancies, etc. Initiate technical discussions with internal and external parties (e.g. GDS, ACIT/IBM, etc), perform root cause analysis, and provide functional expertise and recommendations for matters involving Air Canada’s distribution channels and system support. As a “subject matter expert”, the incumbent ensures analysis is completed for the development of new and enhanced AC functionalities impacting external parties (e.g. GDS) and vice versa for enhanced GDS functionalities that impact AC systems and processes.
A key mission of this position is to be able to manage daily issues, perform root cause analysis and obtain commitment from various third parties for implementation of solutions.
* Manage the day-to-day operations by troubleshooting issues and implementing enhancements for Air Canada’s indirect booking channels (GDS: Sabre, Travelport [Galileo, Apollo and Worldspan], Amadeus, TravelSky, Abacus, Infini, and Axess).
* Escalate major distribution channel issues (e.g. GDS) to IT and Product Distribution management. Perform end to end root-cause analysis and interpretation of results. Ensure follow-up investigation occurs with required internal and external customers and final results are documented.
* Responsible to analyze, test and prioritize operational issues or enhancements within RESIII and direct/indirect channels. Ensure potential impact is assessed, results are communicated and issues are resolved.
* Analyze and troubleshoot operational issues in AC’s product displays within the GDS, ticketing and GDS/OAL messaging. Ensure that any identified issues are resolved.
* Analyze AC display functionality and ensure working as designed. Identify if issues exist, expose inabilities or deficiencies in displaying, booking, ticketing and retrieving AC and codeshare inventory.
* Represent Product Distribution as subject matter expert for GDS issues with the department’s internal and external customers. Initiate troubleshooting sessions for high profile cases that require investigation from multiple Air Canada business units and/or external resources. Responsible to make decisions, provide recommendations and/or work around solutions while ensuring identified issues are resolved.
* Create business requirements for GDS product enhancements and issues that require IT development. Review and provide recommendation to management team for sign-off of documents that are produced by internal and external parties.
* Represent Product Distribution as subject matter expert and liaise in ongoing internal relationships with International Sales in support of AC & GDS products and enhancements.
* Partner with Air Canada external customers and GDS Account Managers on potential inquires by using GDS available tools and holding regular meetings to discuss ongoing challenges.
* Responsible to maintain the Product Distribution Operations processes and procedures documentation.
* As required, act as program champion during the implementation as in some instances, depending on the type of project, other areas may control the implementation process.
* Responsible to manage issues reported in dedicated Product Distribution Salesforce account by analysing inquiries from internal and external customers.
* Provide functional direction to the Distribution Systems Specialist on specific assigned tasks.
* Technical skills in particular area of expertise:
* Proficiency in RESIII, GDS (e.g. Sabre, Apollo, Galileo and Worldspan etc.) and web/internet knowledge.
* Must be fully comfortable and familiar with operating a PC using Microsoft – Office – Word and Excel software (required) and PowerPoint.
* Proficiency in RESIII and/or GDS pricing and fare filings.
* Knowledge of AIRIMP, SSIM formats, ticketing/BSP and other IATA standards an asset.
* Knowledge of reservation teletype messaging an asset.
* Understanding of the travel industry and fully familiar with IATA/BSP/ARC reporting processes.
* Academic certification:
* University degree or solid working experience in a relevant field (e.g. formal travel/tourism course or training program).
* Previous business experiences:
* Previous work experience within an airline sales, customer service, or pricing/tariff disciplines would be an asset.
* Sound working experience in the airline industry (reservations, marketing and customer support experience).
* Experience in testing, quality assurance and control.
* Personal attributes/competencies
* Excellent analytical/problem solving skills.
* Ability to multi-task and have strong organizational and time management skills.
* Exposure to business case development and cost benefit analysis an asset.
* Must be a team player and have the ability to work with diverse groups and working styles.
* Self-starter, able to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously as well as work under pressure, in changing priorities and tight deadlines under limited supervision.
* Details oriented with the ability to deliver assigned objectives, on-time and within budget.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with multiple levels of the organization.
Bilingual (English and French)
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Product Distribution