8 months ago
Founded in 1918, Parker Hannifin Corporation is an $11 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
DIVISION ENGINEERING MANAGER – CONTROL SYSTEMS DIVISION
Responsible to lead and manage a large multi‐site Division engineering function with significant Parker research and product development investments, multiple engineering programs and teams, and long‐range business impact. Ensures that Group, Division, and business unit engineering objectives, contractual requirements, and customer expectations are met, including required program scope, cost and schedule constraints.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining a long range plan for the engineering organization that meets business needs, increases effectiveness, realizes cost improvement, and optimizes the competency portfolio.
Division staff position; direct report to the Control Systems Division VP/General Manager. Has top-level, functional engineer manager direct reports and expert-level engineers on staff. May have direct or indirect global and multi-region product development responsibility.
Has regular and frequent internal and external interaction with multiple business areas, program management, high-level customer contacts, Group executives and Parker technology and innovation leadership.
1. Articulates a compelling vision and provides technology and innovation strategic direction aligned with Parker’s overall business plan and mission. Creates and communicates the organizational vision and directs resources to achieve the technology roadmap and sustained organic growth.
2. Direct and guide the advancement of state-of-the-art engineering innovations and solutions. Influence and facilitate significant multi-business unit/division/Group partnerships, and/or subcontractor development efforts. May oversee worldwide contracted engineering and analysis support.
3. Has influential industry and customer contacts on significant technical issues and business opportunities. Is instrumental in attracting and obtaining new business by promoting Parker technical capabilities.
4. Ensure a high degree of coordination and integration with internal or outsourced teams and major customers that may include international partners (e.g. multi-region product development; joint ventures or alliances). Ensures the protection of Parker intellectual property and regulatory compliance is maintained.
5. Develops long-range budget and resource projections to achieve multi-year business/financial plan and product innovation goals. Provide leadership to ensure the successful completion of critical stages of multiple projects/programs in coordination with executive leadership and program management. Involved in high-level customer and product strategy decisions.
6. Determine strategic workforce strategy and assesses talent and development plans to ensure a robust technical leadership pipeline and core capabilities. Communicates and implement actions to ensure Parker values and company policies are well understood and maintained (e.g. business ethics; integrity; inclusion).
7. Direct and guide the implementation and coordination of processes and programs (e.g. structured design processes) for multiple functional areas (e.g. including cross-functions such as operations/production or supply chain) and/or business units.
8. Assess and determine effective workforce plans to meet business and engineering demand (e.g. outsourcing vs. development of internal resources); review and approve exceptions and consolidated plans and advises on other human resources activities (e.g. staffing, training, compensation).
• Bachelor's Degree (BS) - Mechanical or Electrical and MBA required.
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 12-15 years of related experience. Prior leadership of an engineering function of significant scope, technical complexity, and including research and investment.
• Demonstrated ability to set and articulate a vision to the engineering organization and inspire employees to generate innovative and differentiated designs that meet both technical and business requirements.
• Very process focused with proven experience in establishing a lean product development environment with standard work, productivity measurement, and accurate costing methods that assure robust basis of estimate for quoting of work.
• Possesses diverse and comprehensive technical background and understanding of business management. Understanding of varied products, systems, and technologies represented by Parker and/or across a Parker operating Group and ability to leverage product and process innovation and technical know-how across Parker.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the research and integration of new technologies to achieve organic growth business objectives.
• Communicates and influences major external customers at the executive level.
• Pursues and advocates innovation and involvement from the larger technical community.
• Mitigate risks associated with the loss of intellectual property by communicating and implementing appropriate controls and/or manages regulatory compliance.
• Create and monitor development plans and assignments to build leadership and engineering technical pipeline.
• Thorough knowledge of competitor and industry practices, government regulations, and internal policies.
• Recognized as an influential business partner. Has strong facilitation skills and ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex or sensitive topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
• Effective speaker and presenter; serves as a spokesperson or in a liaison role with universities and other research institutions and industry associations. Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 5447. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor