10 days ago
Duty Managers oversee and manage the daily operational activities of the department in accordance with established policies and procedures; manage a staff with varied duties (including unit managers, supervisors, and agents); coach and provide career development to staff; correct non-compliant behavior (imposing disciplinary action as required); develop work schedules; issue work assignments and break times; conduct employee performance reviews; and perform other duties that may be assigned (as needed). Administrative duties may include daily/weekly/monthly reports. Duty Managers are also responsible for focusing on customer expectations while ensuring that daily corporate performance goals are met.
* Proven success as a team leader with the ability to preplan manpower and equipment
* Ability to work independently (set and meet own deadlines)
* Ability to work well with all levels of management and support staff
* Ability to defuse conflicts among subordinate employees
* Familiarity with MS Office Suite
* Prior experience with internal controls for accountable items
* Flexible schedule (ability to work all shifts)
* Motivation to succeed
* At least 18 years of age
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
* Valid Driver’s License
* Working knowledge of AOA environment
* Current Piedmont employee
* Two years of airline supervisory experience (both Ramp and Customer Service)
* Extensive knowledge of QIK, Sabre & ICM
* Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation, Business or related field
* Airport environment (subject to varied weather conditions and elevated noise levels)
* Irregular shifts (evenings, weekends, and holidays)
* Stooping, bending, kneeling, lifting up to 70 pounds
* Providing assistance to customers with disabilities
The above statements provide a brief description of the general nature of work performed and not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Duties and expectations are subject to change as needed.
Employment is contingent upon a clear Driving Record, 10-year Criminal History Records Check, and Drug Screen as required. We also require proof of High School or equivalent (GED) completion. Benefit package includes paid training, holiday pay, 401(k), vacation, family travel on the American Airlines network, medical and dental available.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
Exceptional Aviators! Major Opportunities!