1. Two years’ airline experience preferred.
2. Must be able to work independently and organize workload, self-motivated and deal with multiple job functions simultaneously.
3. Must have excellent communications ability and interpersonal skills.
4. Must be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
5. Must be able to supervise and lead a work group.
6. Able to actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
7. Must be able to meet all security requirements.
1. Contacts SOC or others for additional aircraft requests if there is a need to move mail or bags.
2. Changes the schedule for Ramp Agents if there is a need for overtime or changes are necessary to cover sick or vacationing employees.
3. Participates in annual evaluations for staff they supervise.
4. Tracks employee performance and advises the Customer Service Manager and Ground Operations Manager or Station Manager of need for Letter of Counsel.
1. Acts as the liaison and primary contact for airport operations.
2. Oversees all operational duties.
3. Ensures good communication is maintained between all work groups to include Ramp Agent Lead, Operations, SOC, Cargo, Ticket Counter, Baggage, Maintenance, Post Office, and management.
4. Maintains bumped baggage, mail, freight, and COMAT numbers; emails numbers to appropriate departments.
5. Ensure all personnel are wearing proper safety gear and equipment.
6. Ensure mail and freight pick-up and drop-offs are completed on time.
7. Coordinate all commodities on ramp to maximize loads on flights.
8. Ensure vehicle check lists are being completed daily; make sure risk assessments are completed for each shift daily.
9. Assist with customer service issues.
10. Track ground service employee’s recurrent training and work with training department to keep employees in compliance.
11. Other duties assigned by the Customer Service Manager, Ground Operations Manager, or management in accordance with the Customer Service and Ramp Service manuals.