Director, E-commerce Product Portfolio Delivery
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Alaska Airlines is seeking a leader to execute our e-commerce product investment portfolio while also playing a transformative role impacting how the company plans and delivers digital products. The successful candidate will be responsible for the framework that allocates and assures investment strategy, drives program execution, and implements the governance, measures, and reporting focused on the successful delivery of a strategic digital program.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports e-commerce portfolio activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
Strategy & Investment Funding
- Establishes strategic themes that guide e-commerce investments across and within value streams
- Facilitates value-to-cost trade-off of the portfolio with product management & engineering leadership
- Clearly understands product and engineering investments and trade-offs
- Allocates and supports budgets across programs that cross-cut value streams
- Leads & communicates the value of the e-commerce portfolio performance
Portfolio & Program Leadership
- Leads the product portfolio framework that manages demand and supports continuous flow
- Develops and utilizes key metrics that are applied to the portfolio to maximize throughput
- Applies program execution patterns within e-commerce to support decentralized rolling planning
- Supports agile estimating and planning at the portfolio, program, and engineering team levels
- Establishes and clearly communicates the program strategies and progress to key stakeholders
- Builds collaborative relationships across product, design and engineering at all levels
Governance and Portfolio
- Leads the development of key performance indicators of the e-commerce portfolio
- Applies qualitative measures to decrease feedback loops at the portfolio level
- Supports incremental building, measuring, and learning cycles with engineering, product and design
- Partners across e-commerce engineering, product and design to support planning and execution cadence
- Manages the day-to-day functions of value streams and capability backlogs
- A minimum of 6 years of demonstrated experience in project, program, and portfolio management across engineering, product management, agile delivery, or portfolio management functions.
- A minimum of 2 years in a portfolio management leadership role.
- A minimum of 1 year of demonstrated experience in the use of Lean Agile principles in continuous improvement, product development flow, and Kanban portfolio management techniques with demonstrated experience in the use of agile values and principles leading cross-functional engineering teams of scrum masters
- Proven ability to perform as a servant leader, with excellent communication and social skills, and the ability resolve conflicts with professionalism.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of the airline and/or travel industries and related technologies.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree is required.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington