10 days ago
FlightSafety Academy in Vero Beach, Florida is hiring several flight instructors for it's prestigious LAT Training Program. This is an EASA program and offers instructors the opportunity to gain valuable EASA experience in a professional, highly regarded training program for a premiere flight training company. LAT Instructors will work in our Vero Beach, Florida location.
POSITION: EASA Flight Instructor (LAT)
REPORTS TO: Program Mgr / Asst
DEPARTMENT: Flight Operations
SALARY: E ( ) NE (x ) H (x)
• Flight Instructor as assigned – Lufthansa Aviation Training
• Ground Instructor as assigned - Classroom Instruction
• Flight training of LAT contract students as assigned.
• Conducting flight training in accordance with FARs and FSI course outline or contract training course, as appropriate.
• Teaching Ground School subjects, IAW, FSI training course, or contract training course, as assigned.
• Manage assigned students training within syllabus and the schedule.
• Maintain accurate log book records of assigned students.
• Follow FSI policy regarding control and identification of weak students leading to Review Board.
• Insure assigned students are scheduled for stage checks in a timely manner.
• Insure daily activity bid sheet is completed in a timely manner.
• Maintain currency in all procedures and regulations.
• Reporting to Program Manager/Assistant Program Manager assigned students that are weak or marginal.
• Maintain a minimum 80% pass rate on non-final and final stage checks of assigned students.
• Other tasks assigned by the EASA Program Manager or Chief Flight Instructor.
• Maintain regency in accordance with FAR 61.57 on file with instructor records.
• Adhere to FSI regulations.
• Perform Assistant Program Manager duties in his/her absence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
• Complete initial Instructor standardization in accordance with FAR 141.79.
• Complete annual recurrent instructor standardization in accordance with FAR 141.
• Complete periodic Line checks/Evaluation Flights as required.
EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING
• Commercial Pilot Certificate and a valid Flight Instructor Certificate with appropriate ratings.
• 500 hours total flight time
• 200 hours dual instruction given
• Valid Medical Certificate
• Recency of experience in accordance with FAR 61.57.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED
• Flight Academy airplanes and flight trainers.
• Classroom equipment as necessary.
• AVGAS fuel, oil, machinery.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
• Duties of Flight Instructor performed in classroom and training airplanes
• Outdoors, on the flightline and ramp
• Lifting at least 75 pounds or more
• Bending, stooping, climbing
• May include working on back and/or confined spaces
• Exposure to a wide variety of environmental conditions including heat, cold, wind, and precipitation
• Congested/active ramp environment with multiple aircraft
EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB.
500 hours total flight time
200 hours dual instruction given