6 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 55001BR Date posted 10/10/City Jamestown
State North Dakota
Assist with Industrial Hygiene surveys such as noise monitoring, chemical exposure, etc.
Maintain the medical monitoring program.
Perform routine Waste, Safety and Housekeeping audits.
Assist in preparation and presentation of various safety training programs.
Assist in hazardous waste management.
Support Risk Assessment and Process Hazard Analysis process.
Maintain department files, tracking databases and compliance calendar, as required.
Assist with MSDS management.
Work with other employees regarding Environmental Health and Safety issues.
Support the Continuous improvement.
Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Completed Sophomore in college prior to co-op starting
* Basic mathematics, reading, writing and oral communications skills.
* Computer skills including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, audiovisual presentations.
* Good organizational skills for work load and file management.
* Neat appearance, poise, pleasant personality, with ability to keep information confidential.
* Considerable concentration on variable or complex tasks, often under fluctuating work schedules and time lines.
* Able to develop and present various EHS training.
* Must be able to handle deadlines effectively.
Working Conditions – Physical requirements and environment:
* Occasional work around flammables, toxins, and corrosives.
* Frequent periods of prolonged standing and sitting.
* Occasional lifting. (Must be able to lift 35 lbs on an occasional basis)
* Perform duties in various levels of Personal Protective Equipment.
Completed Sophomore in college prior to co-op starting
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.