7 months ago
Job ID #: 10265
Location: US - Connecticut - Waterbury
Functional Area: Environmental/Health/Safety
Division: Advanced Motion Solutions
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Relocation Provided: Some Relocation May Be Available
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 15
The Safety Engineer is responsible for the implementation and effective maintenance of AMETEK's Waterbury, CT and Milford, NH EH&S programs including core EHS management systems and processes. Assists in the development and implementation of Safety-related Engineering projects in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering. Also insures the on-going evaluation of overall plant operations for compliance assurance, productivity, and growth. Acts as Safety Champion to positively reinforce and communicate safety awareness and behaviors in all areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides hands-on, comprehensive, site-wide review, guidance and program support for all safety programs including lockout/tagout, electrical, ergonomics, personal protective equipment, hazard communication, machine guarding, and environmental programs.
• Develops and implements Safety-related engineering projects throughout both facilities to support continuous EHS and efficiency improvement.
• Conducts routine, scheduled facility inspections and audits to monitor and detect potential safety, health, and environmental hazards. Recommends corrective action or preventative measures where indicated and appropriate. Properly reports and documents findings and actions taken.
• Investigates and reports all accidents and incidents in a timely manner to properly document root-cause, preventative measures, corrective action plans, and recommended training.
• Performs job hazard assessments for all new and modified equipment. Evaluates situation and collaborates with internal personnel to determine required changes.
• Promotes safety and tracks lost time accident days, LWI (Lost Workday Incident), and DART (Days Away and Restricted Time). Satisfies Corporate EHS requirements and mandates.
• Ensures the company remains compliant with all OSHA and EPA regulations as well as insurance carrier requirements. Monitors regulatory issues and trends.
• Prepares and conducts necessary environmental, health and safety training.
• Maintains and updates Material Safety Data Sheets.
• Conducts and participates in regular safety meetings.
• Responsible for all applicable permits.
• Proactively communicates with Management and Supervision on all safety issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s Degree in from Accredited Safety/Environmental Engineering Program or similar field of study.
• 3 – 5 years EH&S experience within a similar manufacturing environment.
• Familiar with ISO9000 and Lean Manufacturing Principles.
• Strong communication and presentation skills.
• Familiarity with all current with Federal, State and Local environmental and safety regulations
• Must be able to prepare and submit all applicable safety reports.
• Certified Safety Professional and/or Certified Hazardous Material Manager preferred
• Strong verbal, written, analytical and persuasion skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.