6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Methods
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
The EHS Specialist will lead our organization in maintaining OHSA and EHS management standards. The EHS Specialist will support core EHS Management System elements and will lead the awareness and competency training required for all employees. This includes communication, implementation, administration, and monitoring of various EHS programs, processes, procedures, and systems (i.e., ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) in support of strategic goals. This role will interface with leads from various sites to support facility's ongoing compliance and risk reduction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Creates and updates various policies and procedures for the company required by OSHA or as deemed necessary to control hazards and ensure a safe environment for employees.
• Creates and facilitates EHS training presentations for all sites as needed to ensure safety compliance and a safe work environment.
• Performs risk analysis through site assessments, and ensures controls are implemented to eliminate or reduce hazards to the work force.
• Performs accident investigations and root-cause analysis to ensure similar incidents do not reoccur.
• Performs routine audits evaluating current policies, procedures, and documentation to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Provides guidance and interpretations of applicable OSHA regulations and industry safety standards to ensure safety compliance.
• Participates in investigating and resolving compliance questions and concerns. Ensures that inspections are conducted, corrective actions are completed on time, and all necessary documentations are retained.
• Actively supports safety and environmental management systems in order to achieve and sustain ISO14001, as well as corporate Safran Standards.
• Provides support in the development and implementation of the programs that will increase employee awareness and knowledge of compliance programs.
• Reviews injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follows up as necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must have excellent leadership, change management, interpersonal, team-building and influencing skills.
• Ability to research, analyze, interpret and implement safety/environmental/health regulations, standards, and best practices as they pertain to facilities and operations.
• Strong technical, written, and computer skills.
• Self-motivated, multitasker who enjoys solving problems in a timely manner.
• Well organized, with ability to track/follow-up on multiple projects or tasks simultaneously to ensure it is executed in a timely manner.
This position requires travel up to 50% of the time.
Candidate skills & requirements
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in occupational or industrial safety, occupational health science or related discipline.
• ASP or CSP preferred.
• 2 to 4 years' experience in environmental health and safety or related field.
• Experience conducting safety audits and implementing recommendations.
• Experience conducting accident investigations and root cause analyses.
• Knowledge of safety programs and OSHA, SDS and EPA requirements and standards.
• Experience in data and metric acquisition, management, analysis and presentation to highlight key trends, significant aspects, etc.
North America, United States, Florida, Miami
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years