9 months ago
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD OF CONTRACT
• Perform a full range of aircraft electrical/avionic maintenance, repairs, modifications, prototype installation and evaluation, inspections in accordance with approved methods, techniques and practices and certifies accomplished work.
• Adjust, repair, or replace electrical wiring systems as well as completing installation and removal of electrical/avionic components, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft interface issues with electrical/avionic components, antennas, radar systems, navigations systems and flight director system s.
• Read and interpret engineering and technical data and use a variety of precision measuring instruments
• Demonstrated expertise relating to aircraft electrical systems.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• It is highly desirable that this individual have extensive knowledge of USCG aeronautical engineering policy as outlined in Commandant Instruction Manual CIM 13020 .1 (series) and experience on C-130 aircraft .
Eight (8) years of documented experience in aircraft electrical/avionic installation, troubleshooting and repair.
Read and interpret engineering and technical data and use a variety of precision measuring instruments.
Aircraft Mechanic Physical Requirements:
Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance. Must be able to work at heights 70 feet above the ground. Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard ambidextriosities required to complete tasks. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must be able and willing to enter and work in confined spaces, such as aircraft fuel tanks and beneath floor panels with clearances of 18” – 24”.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - ASD-20000079
: Team Leader / Supervisor
: Aug 31, 2017, 10:23:16 PM
: Installation and Maintenance