7 months ago
Electrical Buy Project Manager, Supplier Designed Equipment
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54730BR Date posted 10/03/City Windsor Locks
Supplier Designed Equipment Group of ES business is seeking a Project Manager to lead our PW800 Electrical Buy Team. The team works closely with and manages suppliers of complex engineered items, who are required to design, develop and manufacture aerospace systems and components in support of PW800 program. The candidate will work with a multi-disciplined, technical design and project management team in executing the engineering design process, in a fast-paced engineering environment, for development and integration of engineered systems and components. The preferred candidate must have a track record of successfully leading engineering teams in both new product development and product support activities while achieving customer cost, schedule, and performance objectives.
The Project Manager shall be responsible for coordination of all necessary internal, supplier, and customer activities including:
* Engineering team leadership associated with the design, development, and support of aerospace systems and components
* Meeting customer commitments for new product development by ensuring adherence to the UTAS Product Introduction process
* Providing communication, as necessary, to Engineering and business unit leadership, senior UTAS management, customers, and suppliers
* Perform system and component requirements review and compliance assessments
* Provide design oversight, including generation of drawings, specifications and summary reports
* Interface with suppliers and members of the technical design team to manage the design and integration of complex assemblies
* Conduct investigations using Relentless Root Cause & Corrective action (RRCA)
* Coordinate all Engineering Change activities (UTAS and suppliers)
* Support process certification and production incorporation
* Create hardware matrix to support procurement with development and production hardware deliveries
* Hold regular meeting with the cross functional IPD team, take action items, and publish meeting minutes
* Create risk and mitigation plan
* Create detail presentations for design reviews and other internal / customer reviews
* Manage program budget; provide staffing and financial plans
* Create detailed MS project schedule and update on regular basis
* Contribute to proposals and technical leadership on new business opportunities
Qualification: The successful candidate will be highly motivated, creative, possess a sense of ownership and urgency and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
* Experience in new product development from component level design to verification and validation
* Strong planning and execution skills with ability to multi-task to meet challenging schedule and budget
* Ability to work across organization -- team members, suppliers, and customers
* Mechanical and system design experience is preferred
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficiency in ACE and/or Design for Six Sigma is preferred
* US person required
Education: Bachelor of Science in engineering or a related field required with 8+ years of experience.
Master’s degree in engineering and/or an MBA preferred with 6+ years of experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.