3 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
Electrical Design from concept to production including:
* Architecture and design of assigned Hardware subsystem
* Support estimating of Hardware work packages
* Generation of Electrical Hardware requirements documentation for an assigned electrical subsystem
* Generation of Schematics, BOMs, PCB design and fabrication documentation
* Generation of Documentation package for the assigned Hardware subsystem
* Unit testing of the Hardware subsystem
* Integration testing of the Hardware subsystem in the product
* Work with Design Engineering to implement and verify design corrections
* Work with Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to debug and identify design issues
* Provide electrical technical support to areas of the organization outside Engineering
* Keep in synchronization with relevant electrical hardware trends and new technologies
* Provide input to Hardware design process and attend assigned Hardware design reviews
* Participate in NPI meetings as required
* Participate in product sustaining meetings as required
At least 4 years of experience in the following:
* Design and implementation of digital systems using microprocessors and FPGAs
* Design and implementation of high speed digital systems using signal integrity techniques
* Design and implementation of analog and digital video systems using the relevant standards
* Design and implementation of DC-servo motor drives and DC-switching power supplies
* Design and implementation of appropriate shielding, bonding, grounding and impedance matching
* PCB design according to IPC standards
* Debug and testing of complex designs using Oscilloscopes, TDR and logic analyzers
* Connector and back-shell selection
* Design according to MIL/Aerospace standards including MIL-461, MIL-704 and RTC-DO160
* Schematic capture tools including ORCAD
* Circuit Simulation tools including Spice and Allegro SI
* Layout design tools such as Allegro
Experience & Education Requirements
* Minimum of 4 years experience in Electrical Engineering
* Undergraduate Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
* Must have Professional Engineering designation
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam