about 1 month ago
Job Title: Electrical Engineer - WA
Duration: 6 Months
Description: Chipton-Ross is seeking a Electrical Engineer for an opening in Redmond, WA.
• Provide engineering expertise in the area of design, development and testing of space hardened avionics hardware that will support the functions of our spacecraft
• FPGA logic specification, design, coding, and verification, digital circuit design and simulation, subsystem and circuit prototyping, schematic capture, prototype bring-up and debugging, bug tracking, component research and selection, functional verification, performance benchmarking, and design documentation.
• Candidates must have 5+ years of professional experience with experience in fast-paced commercial or industrial based projects (non-aerospace); CPU or system-on-chip based circuit cards, consumer electronics, wireless devices, and/or low power platforms
• 5+ years’ experience in Verilog or VHDL coding and digital or mixed-signal designs
• Recent experience with large system on chip FPGA designs and development tools
• 5+ years’ experience in digital or mixed signal circuit design including schematic capture and simulation
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Masters of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus
• Have created designs with CMOS imagers, image processing or video processing functions
• Minimum of 5 years board level experience designing hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full lifecycle development of new FPGA-based hardware systems -- not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
• Solid electrical engineering, digital and analog circuit fundamentals and lab skills
• Experience with Altium schematic capture and PCB layout tools
• Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (C/C++, Matlab, Assembly language)
• Passion for advancing the commercial space industry
• Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent area of focus
5/50, 1st Shift:8:00AM-5:00PM
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Chipton-Ross is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.