9 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the History of WESCAM...
* Technical responsibility of the electrical development process for all assigned products designed at L3 Wescam.
* Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship of an engaged, high performing engineering team to meet or exceed company goals.
* Training, coaching and career development of professional staff.
* Continuous feedback of staff performance as well as yearly performance reviews.
* Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity is achieved.
* Develop and maintain the electrical engineering design practices, processes and standards.
* Estimate and validate the cost and schedule requirements of assigned electrical design work packages.
* Balance labor demand and create the flexibility to respond to changing load while meeting commitments.
* Source and develop external electrical design resources to meet fluctuating resource requirements.
* Work with the Director of Engineering to create and flow down engineering goals to the team.
* Provide the required metrics, reports and performance measures to the Director of Engineering.
* Provide electrical technical support to other areas of the organization outside engineering.
* Develop a strong presence across the organization to maximize collaboration and synergy on cross functional projects and initiatives to meet company commitments.
* Participate as an engineering representative in company meetings outside engineering.
* Watch for new technologies and trends that may impact present and future product development.
* Complete other tasks as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
* Demonstrated ability to lead and engage a high performing engineering team to successfully meet goals.
* Application of lean project management methodologies.
* Development of team performance measures and metrics.
* Design, implementation and validation of complex, circuit card assemblies.
* Strong background in high speed digital design, power supplies, motor drives and analog circuits.
* Design for EMI/EMC compliance.
* PCB design according to IPC standards
* Debug and testing of complex designs using Oscilloscopes, TDR and logic analyzers.
* Design to meet MIL/Aerospace standards including MIL-461, MIL-704 and RTC-DO160
* Design with modern schematic capture and PCB layout tools.
* Successful estimation and execution of complex electrical design work packages
* Track record of establishing strong relationships with leaders across the organization to get things done.
* Track record for successfully assessing and hiring the best talent for the team.
* Development of complex embedded Software and FPGA systems.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* Minimum of 15 years of experience in Electrical Engineering design.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
CAN Security Clearance Required: None
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam