5 months ago
Job ID #: 10300
Location: US - New Jersey - Mahwah
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: MMA - Materials Analysis Division
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Masters Degree
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
This position manages and contribute to the overall electrical engineering aspects of product development and of sustaining engineering activities. Coordinates development activities with mechanical and software engineering groups. Assures the administrative and planning targets of the group are met within the framework of professional standards, design control procedures and corporate policies.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage electrical engineering team (incl. system engineering resources).
• Provide technical leadership and serve as a leading individual contributor into EDAX new product development and into sustaining engineering efforts.
• Select, train and supervise staff.
• Lead new product development activities as per approved product development process and best engineering practices
• Do planning for the development and sustaining engineering projects activities and track its progress.
• Coordinate development activity with consultants and outside organizations as necessary.
• Responsible for meeting project budget, schedules and product targets.
• Publish project status reports and impact statements to Business Team for gate review & approval.
• Support preparation, maintenance and enforcement of ISO procedures: creating and reviewing work instructions, documentation control through EDR/ECN, etc.
• Liaise with Engineering Systems Administrator in related ECR/ECN & Technical Non-Standard Request (TNSR) activities.
• Maintain awareness of and be adherent to the best engineering practices and tools used in DFx
• Perform all above duties in accordance with applicable ISO 9000 directives and company policy.
Required knowledge and skills:
• Advanced degree in electrical engineering.
• Minimum 10 years experience in electronics design for scientific instrumentation or for similar high-tech products as an individual contributor and with progressive supervisory responsibility.
• Familiar with and adherent to the best Engineering Design practices for digital and analog electronics systems.
• Expert knowledge of and a strong hands-on experience in digital electrical design (FPGA, DSP, A/D and D/A).
• Expert knowledge of and a strong hands-on experience in SW and FW development for embedded systems:
o “C” for embedded systems
o Linux, Linux driver development and Linus OS configuration
o “Eclipse” development platform
o Altera Quartus II and Qsys
o Modelsim simulator.
• Good understanding of and experience in other related engineering disciplines:
o FW development
o analog low noise electronics
o digital electronics schematic capture and board
design by using Mentor Graphics
o digital board troubleshooting
o system troubleshooting
o C# and C++ programming.
• Ability to manage multiple multi-disciplined projects concurrently.
• Good people, management and communication skills.
Desired knowledge and skills:
• FW development
• Cyclone V, ARM Core platform.
• Altera HPS devices.
• Good understanding of analog low noise electrical design.
• Knowledge of the following tools:
o TI Code Composer
o Mentor Graphics
• SW development in C# and C++.
• Some experience with or knowledge of semiconductor x-ray detector technology.
• Some experience with or knowledge of high vacuum mechanical systems.
• Experience with regulatory compliance (CE, UL, RoHS).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.