8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for an Electronic Test Technician 1 to join our team in Melbourne, FL. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
This position is for 2nd Shift on the 9/80 work schedule. Start time is 3:30 PM.
* Under close supervision, performs a variety of routine technical tasks which require an elementary understanding of all technical objectives.
* Provides support to areas such as research, design, development, test, manufacturing or process improvement.
* Perform as a member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills. Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
* Utilizes routine test or diagnostic equipment. Ability to learn and use software tools.
* Receptive to mentoring from peers in technical community. Participates in developing new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in all work processes.
* Documentation of job specific activities such as electronic design, modifications, data collection, calibration, and Design of Experiment data.
* Able to utilize schematics, procedures, engineering drawings, and follow written/verbal instructions, including test procedures.
* Operate in accordance with corporate, operations, and division policies, procedures and practices in compliance with accepted business ethics. Adheres to all applicable environmental, safety and health procedures.
* May perform other tasks as requested by leadership within applicable Rockwell Collins guidelines
* Applies electronic theory to lay out, build, test, troubleshoot, repair and modify electronic product which requires a moderate understanding of the general technical aspects of the position.
* Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience
* U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card)
* Ability to lift/move heavy parts and/or equipment weighing up to 55 pounds
* Ability to read schematics is required and ability to analyze circuits is preferred
* Experience troubleshooting to the component level
* Must pass the Rockwell Collins Electronics Skills test
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.