KBRwyle, in support of the Optoelectronics Branch, Sensors Directorate, Air Force Research Laboratory, requires integration of electrical hardware, laboratory instruments, computers, and programmable logic controllers for the purpose of controlling processes and data collection for various laboratory projects. The goal is to automate equipment to ensure recipe-type control with time-synchronized data acquisition and adequate operator monitoring. Familiarity with Labview software and programmable logic controllers is a must. Laboratory systems require interlocks for safety and protection of hardware. Fault conditions may be reported to remote control rooms or operators via telephone or internet.
The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
- Work in a laboratory environment at the Air Force Research Laboratory
- Integrate laboratory equipment to allow centralized control and data collection
- Program temperature controllers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and Labview Virtual Instruments, among other stand-alone equipment
- Network multiple pieces of equipment using various communications protocols, such as RS-232, RS-485, ModBus, TCP/IP, etc.
- Build/repair simple circuits, circuit boards, or cables to enable networking or control equipment
- Set-up instrument OEM software to work with customized control software
- Document and archive programs, network settings, circuit diagrams, and operating instructions
- Specify component or software requirements to vendors
- Work with vendors or contractors to order parts or schedule maintenance as required
- When needed provide logistical support within the laboratory to properly inventory and organize materials and component stock.
Education/Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: An Associate's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with three years of experience is required. Selected candidate must have experience in programming temperature controllers, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and Labview Virtual Instruments. Selected candidate must be experienced in networking multiple pieces of equipment using various communications protocols, such as RS-232, RS-485, ModBus, TCP/IP. The selected candidate must have experience in building and/or repair of simple circuits, circuit boards, or cables to enable networking or control equipment.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For immediate confidential consideration, please apply online by clicking "Apply Now to Join Our Team."