6 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
This position is responsible for performing electronics-related repairs to machinery and support equipment throughout the Timken Aerospace Lebanon facility. The primary responsibilities of this position are to troubleshoot, effectively repair, analyze, interpret, and use problem-solving skills to ensure the reliability of plant assets.
1. Respond to reports of machine breakdowns and requests for general repairs in a timely fashion. Determine root cause of problems by applying technical knowledge and by working with the appropriate personnel.
2. Develop repair strategies and resolve complex issues by collaborating with maintenance team members, vendor support, independent research and operators.
3. Utilize SAP system to document and perform work for maintenance as assigned by the team/group leader.
4. Read and interpret procedural manuals, blueprints, and diagrams (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic) to identify conclusions or approaches to problems using logic and reasoning.
5. Maintain required records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual/unsafe conditions to Team/Group Leader.
6. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety, PPE, and environmental rules and regulations as prescribed by EHS.
7. Responsible for obtaining repair on gauging heads and amplifiers for all shifts as needed.
8. Participate in cross-training to be able to perform basic mechanical repairs if necessary.
9. Perform other related duties as required or directed.
* High School Diploma or GED required; Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent experience in a similar job field preferred.
* Working knowledge of machinery and controls such as Mills, Lathes, Heat Treat Furnaces, Grinders, and Assembly Equipment similar to those currently in used at Timken Aerospace facility in Lebanon, NH.
* An in-depth knowledge of electronic and electrical equipment is required. Knowledge of Siemens, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, and PLC’s preferred.
* Must have a working knowledge of all electronic testing equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, meggers, etc…) and be able to confirm calibrations of such equipment.
* Basic PC Skills required; SAP experience preferred.
* Strong ability to read blueprints/technical manuals, follow written procedures and perform trouble-shooting activities.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively in a teamwork environment, across multiple shifts.
* Attention to detail and a service-orientation required.
RECOMMENDED YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
Electronics Technician B
Electronics Technician A
Section A & B
Minimum 3 years
SAP work order system
Solid understanding of FANUC, Allen Bradley, Siemens and Honeywell controls
HECP Lock Out/Tag Out
Understanding of G + M code programming
Basic troubleshooting skills
Advance trouble shooting skills
Basic understanding PLC's, machine inputs/outputs
Global knowledge of systems and procedures used to manage maintenance duties
Arc Flash Authorized
Mechanical repair skills
Understanding of electronic equipment, needed for testing procedures, ie. DMM, scopes
Independently trouble shoots and take corrective action, requires minimal support
Ability to guide team members
General Physical Requirements:
Check the requirements which are essential to the performance of the task assigned to this position:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
* Activities include frequent walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling.
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
* Repetitive movement is required, such as twisting, bending, gripping, operation of hand tools.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
* Will be exposed to wide range of temperatures, high voltage, loud noises, fumes, dust, and oil.
* The heat treat area has an average environmental temperature of 70-95 degrees F, during summer months; the environment can reach temperatures of 100 degrees F. Humidity is typically similar to the outside environment.
* There are open flames, quench oil exhaust fumes, “red hot” parts, baskets, carts & tools throughout the heat treat area posing a higher risk to contact burns/abrasions.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Standard factory equipment is required for this position, such as hearing protection in required areas of the facility, eye protection and EH rated steel toed shoes, and hand protection (gloves) may be required.
* Arc Flash protective equipment is required by the levels determined by Arc Flash analysis and EH&S.
* Lock out/Tagout compliance.
* Requirements for job tasks not yet identified may have additional PPE requirements as prescribed by EHS.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.