6 months ago
Electronics Test Technician, 2nd shift SG P3 SEC
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 57939BR Date posted 12/12/City Phoenix
Perform various technician functions associated with testing a variety of aerospace applications.
Typical duties/tasks include:
- Set up & operate a variety of test equipment
- Test a variety of electronic units using prescribed test procedures
- Configure and or verify regular test equipment to fit special tests
- Interpret and record test results
- Utilize a variety of diagnostic tools to troubleshoot to component level
- Recognize and isolate test equipment failures with assistance; generate Test Support Engineering ticket
-Perform high potential testing
- Read and interpret assembly and test instructions, engineering prints, and schematics
- Utilize computer systems (e.g. work instructions, labor charging, prints, and standards)
- Process material requisitions in accordance with established procedures
- Generate Non-Conforming Material (NCM) reject tags, Unplanned Work Request, and troubleshoot log form
- Recognize and take steps to resolve test/work area issues
- Maintain accurate records of all work performed
- Train other employees and perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands (representative)
Transport product with or without product carts; lift up to 25 pounds unassisted; sit at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; stand at workbench/test stands for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required; use hands for extended periods of time to perform test & troubleshooting tasks; distinguish colors and meet vision requirements.
Work Environment Characteristics (representative)
Working with equipment with moving parts; high potential (voltage/current); in areas with a high level of noise; chemicals that may emit fumes; jet fuel and other coolant substances; products of various weights and sizes; high air pressure; enclosed x-ray and laser machines.
Wear static-control and personal protective equipment.
Qualification: Minimum of 1 year direct experience in electronic test and troubleshoot.
Good reading, writing & math skills; good computer skills; knowledge of office software apps; understand theory of electronic circuitry & electrical components; ability to read and interpret assembly / test instructions, engineering standards, engineering prints, and schematics.
Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions, use diagnostic and hand tools, effectively communicate & interact with others at all levels, understand and operate electronic test equipment, and handle multiple tasks at the same time.
Due to programs & projects we support, the candidate must be an US Person (US Citizen / Green Card Holder).
No relocation or interview travel reimbursement available.
To be considered, responses must include information meeting minimum education and experience requirements.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree in related technical field, or equivalent completed education
EXPERIENCE: 1 year direct experience in electronic test and troubleshoot
Education: Associates Degree in related technical field, or equivalent completed education required
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.