6 months ago
Embedded Software Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 52929BR Date posted 08/25/City Westford
We at UTC Aerospace Systems are the world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. military in real-time ISR operations. Our passion for the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. At UTC Aerospace Systems, we value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
So if you think you have what it takes to push the boundaries of code to shape game-changing technologies, to deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, to challenge yourself knowing that what we do matters to the Warfighter, then give us a call. Are you Mission Ready?
UTC Aerospace Systems has an immediate opening for an associate software engineer in the Systems Software team in Westford Massachusetts. This position supports the development of a new generation of Airborne Reconnaissance System electro-optical/infra-red (EO/IR) sensor systems. The candidate will participate in the entire software lifecycle for the program: requirements, design, development, test, and hardware integration. The candidate must have strong design skills, the ability to develop embedded software in C and C++ and working in Linux or VxWorks environment. The position requires hands-on work with the sensor hardware, and the ability to support the SQA and Integration & Test organizations. Travel within the US and overseas may be required to support flight tests at customer sites.
* 0-2 years of experience with a BS is required
* C/C++ development knowledge skills are required
* Experience in secure coding practices is preferred
* Linux development experience is preferred
* Familiarity with VxWorks is a plus
* Experience with shell programming and scripting languages is a plus
* Embedded design and development skills is a plus
* Multi-threading experience knowledge is a plus
* Experience with networking protocols is a plus
* Strong team focused, driven and ability to multi-task is a must
* Understanding of test and debugging skills at software & hardware levels
* Due to programs/projects for this position the candidate must be a US Citizen/Ability to obtain DOD secret security clearance
* 10% Travel
Bachelors’ Degree or pursuing a BS (Completion by 2017) required (in Software Engineering or comparable); Master’s Degree in an engineering discipline preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.