5 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
To learn more about the History of WESCAM...
Under the guidance of senior software verification engineers/designers, you will have an active and accountable role in the verification and validation of software for world class, state-of-the-art, electro-optical surveillance systems. You will be responsible for reviewing software requirements and design elements, creating and maintaining requirements based software tests in an embedded environment, analyzing software defects uncovered through both dynamic and static testing, writing verification reports to document test results, and improving the overall software quality. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest software engineers and designers around, providing first class support to the rest of the organization.
* Strong working knowledge of embedded C programming
* Solid understanding of embedded systems design (hardware & software)
* Practical understanding of real time operating systems, and multi-threaded real time code an asset
* Experience working with tools to generate automated tests in an embedded environment to conduct requirements based testing
* Experience with Software-in-the-loop (SIL), Processor-in-the-loop (PIL), and Hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) test paradigms
* Experience with DO-178 verification/validation processes and practices an asset
* Experience working with Test Driven Development (TDD) an asset.
* Experience working with commercial verification tools (i.e. VectorCAST, Cantata, LDRA, etc.) an asset.
* Experience working with static analysis tools an asset.
* Detailed understanding of common communication protocols such as RS232, RS422, I2C, SPI, CAN, USB, Ethernet, etc. an asset
* Familiarity with Linux as a development host an asset
* Familiarity with electro-mechanical and optical sensor assemblies an asset
* Very strong problem solving abilities, technical and analytical skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
Experience & Education Requirements
* 4+ years’ experience testing real time software for embedded controllers in C
* Engineering degree, community college technical diploma, or equivalent experience
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam