CAE is seeking a Embraer 170/190 Instructor Pilot to provide simulator and ground instruction to clients in accordance with CAE policies and applicable federal regulations.
Please note that as a part-time or on-demand employee, you understand that your work schedule is neither assumed nor regular, and is subject to both the business needs and your availability to work the requested schedule.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide flight training for the issue of licenses, type ratings and certificates in accordance with 14 CFR 142 Manual
- Conduct pre and post flight simulator briefings in a thorough, professional manner and in accordance with CAE standards.
- Conduct each simulator session in accordance with the CAE, aircraft manufacturer or the customers' Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Complete the appropriate client training records accurately and comprehensively to ensure client understanding and a seamless handover to other instructors.
- Recommend, where necessary, remedial training for a client who is not meeting the required training progress.
- Record simulator usage and discrepancies using the appropriate procedures.
- Track the validity of instructional qualifications to ensure that he/she remains qualified to deliver training at all times in accordance with contractual commitments.
- Act as subject matter expert in creation of curricula and courseware when required.
- Accept training for examiner responsibilities when required by the Head of Training.
- Act as invigilator when examination is conducted.
- Provide instruction for initial, transition, upgrade and recurrent flight training in accordance with FAA and Company policies and procedures
- Ensure that all required training and/or checks are properly documented
- Maintains proficiency as an Instructor as required by 14 CFR 142
- Promote crew resource management (CRM) principles
- Completes daily pre-training checks
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor degree in job-related field or equivalent experience or certifications strongly preferred
- Must have an ATP certificate and hold an unrestricted PIC Type Rating
- Must hold an Embraer 170/190 Type Rating and at least 200 hours of aircraft time
- Previous FAR 121 and/or CAR 705 experience as a flight crew officer
- Aeronautical experience according to 14 CFR 61.159
- Must have basic computer proficiency - Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and other internet based programs
- Must be willing and able to participate in ongoing random DOT drug and alcohol testing program
- Hold an existing instructor qualification or rating issued by a Regulatory Authority is preferred
- Fluency in English
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior to initial accreditation, must be able to satisfy the initial instructor/evaluator training requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures in the simulator
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and simulator
- Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while exercising sound judgment at all times
- An expert communicator who can listen effectively to client needs and communicate in a clear and friendly way to ensure positive results
- Ability to maintain strong customer orientation under adverse circumstances.
- Strong focus on quality with a continuous drive towards process improvement & customer satisfaction.
- Ability to concentrate and work in a fast paced environment.
- Readily accept changes and adjust accordingly.
- Must possess strong classroom presentation skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
- The primary work location for this position is at the CAE Dallas Training Center
- Due to the nature of the on-call schedule, preference will be given to applicants who live within a 2 hr radius of the training facility
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Position may require travel
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
CAE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
As a Federal Contractor, CAE is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here