Culture: At PSA, we are a close-knit, passionate team that values each other’s opinions and holds ourselves and others accountable to be our absolute best. We strive to live the PSA Way – exemplifying Passion, Professional Excellence, Safety, Respect, and being Prepared in everything we do. Engaging our employees is extremely important to us, and we seek to hire leaders who can inspire, enable, and encourage others to succeed using the PSA Way as their model.
Summary/Objective: Defines, promotes, and reinforces the company philosophies to employees and leaders. Partners with senior leaders to ensure a balance between employee needs and organizational goals. Provides advice and guidance to leadership and non-management personnel in resolving work related concerns as well as assisting in the development of leaders through coaching and training. Oversees and conducts investigations to ensure compliance with policies and practices, as well as Federal, state and local employment laws. Responds to State and Federal charges of harassment/discrimination. Prepares for and participates in State and Federal proceedings, as well as grievance and arbitration hearings.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works closely with senior leadership, ensuring coordinated, efficient and cost-effective execution of employee relations activities, demonstrating customer service principles.
- Provides guidance and interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Partners with senior leadership and the Employee Relations team with assisting managers with investigations, discipline, and termination proceedings.
- Works as liaison with the attorneys as needed.
- Manages and investigates company-wide investigations of internal complaints.
- Works closely with legal representatives to investigate and respond to state and federal charges of harassment/discrimination, and represents the company at hearings before state and federal agencies.
- Manages Performance Management for all salaried employees.
- Assists with establishing/coordinating Company practices, policies, and procedures.
- Assists Managers through training and coaching of company policies and procedures, Employee Relations issues, investigations, discipline, and termination proceedings.
- Guides the Employee Relations team in supporting managers and supervisors in preparation of responses to employees and union representative.
- Offers grievance resolution options based on individual circumstances.
- Ensures consistency in handling corrective action as well as assisting in the preparation of employee coaching and discipline.
- Reviews contract language, assists with labor relations, and makes recommendations for changes.
- Aids in the interviewing process in filling leadership positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
Competencies and Knowledge: The successful candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following: Have the ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously while responding in a fast-paced environment. Have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of leadership, customers, and employees. A high degree of ingenuity, diplomacy, and tact while making judgements on issues involving Company policies and procedures and Employee Relations especially those complex of nature. Must possess the ability to not just to solve problems but to be able to recognize the future implications so a proactive approach can be taken.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent industry experience)
- Minimum of five years of Employee Relations experience
- Must have three to four years of supervisory experience
- Experience working with labor agreements desired
- Should possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, as well as having experience with employee and management presentations
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of and experience with Federal, state and local labor laws and requirements
Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Ability to speak/read/write in English.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
Supervisory Responsibility: This is a supervisory position with two direct reports.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full time / Monday through Friday
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.