5 months ago
Imagine a working environment where people trust each other to achieve exceptional things.. . .
Imagine working for a company that allows you to try, to fail, to learn, to grow, and to succeed. . . .
. . . . This is the reality of Moog – and you can be a part of it.
Moog Aircraft Group is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems. Moog’s high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, industrial machinery, wind energy, marine applications, and medical equipment.
The Moog Human Resources Team is recruiting for a talented, adaptable, and experienced Employee Relations Specialist. This incumbent will work out of the Torrance, CA facility but will have responsibility which includes supporting employees at other Moog sites in the Western US region.
Here is what to expect on a day to day basis:
* Coordinate and deliver HR programs to multiple sites/business units. Work with COE’s and HRBP’s to understand business needs, determine best vehicle for delivery and coordinate implementation.
* Manage and execute Employee Relations matters from conducting investigations to providing SME support. Provide coaching and guidance for managers/supervisors to document and handle issues/conflicts. Work with ER team to escalate complex ER matters to US ER Manager and/or corporate legal counsel.
* Manage employee engagement. This involves working with employees and managers to determine employee effectiveness and satisfaction. Use tools and resources to measure engagement and recommend and implement action
* Manage company policy education and compliance. Work with managers/supervisors to educate and ensure understanding of policies. Coach and guide managers through policy interpretation discussions and investigations.
* Coordinate and execute strategies and activities for developing line manager capability. This involves working with line managers to ensure they have the resources necessary to perform the HR functions of the job (performance management, counseling, documentation, employee engagement and communications)
* Coordinate and/or deliver Moog new employee orientation programs. Be responsible for delivery or the coordination of delivery of new hire orientation. Ensure paperwork and processes are carried out correctly.
* Assist with the facilitation of the Moog Affirmative Action plans
The education, skills, and experience you'll need to be successful in this role...
* Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or equivalent
* 3-5 years working as an Employee Relations Specialist or Human Resources Generalist
* 3-5 years of experience at a management or senior administrative level with emphasis on employee/labor relations
* Ability to synchronize with other Employee Relations team members to provide ER coverage to Moog sites in the Western U.S. region
* Proven success in partnering strategically with other HR functions to develop and implement programs that meet business needs
* Previous experience providing policy interpretation and guidance for managers and employees
* Memberships in SHRM and/or PHIRA preferred
We work in an environment where people trust, respect and encourage one another. We believe in our people and it shows in everything we do. We'd like to invite you to become part of our continued success.
Moog Inc. is an EOE/AA Minority/ Female/ Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation/ Disability/ Veteran