6 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 11/28/2017
Posting Close Date: 12/12/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Encore Maintenance Systems Support Analyst – Airframe Specialist
· Responsible for the oversight of aircraft structural repairs on sheet metal and composite components.
· Responsible for the structural modifications and repairs incorporated on company aircraft
· Liaise with Fleet Configuration Department on updates and verification of modification status as it pertains to Fleet Configuration Management control
· Responsible for maintaining Structural Deviation Inspection Requirement record
· Ability to fabricate, assemble, locate, and install sheet metal parts and components by forming, drilling, shaping, bending, cutting, riveting, filing, and dimpling
· Responsible for maintaining the aircraft fleet dent and damage log
· Support Maintenance Department with dent and damage report/mapping as required
· Liaise with outside engineering or aircraft manufacture for engineering/repair drawings for long term repairs
· Liaise with Maintenance Control for structural AOGs
· Liaise with Planning Department to coordinate and define scope of work for planned structural modifications and repairs
· Responsible to develop and maintain aircraft Corrosion Prevention and Control Program
· Liaise with Programs Department on the development and tracking of structural defects Engineering Controls and Task Cards in computerized maintenance tracking system (TRAX) for proper tracking
· Liaise with all functional areas of the Maintenance Department to improve reliability, cost reduction, warranty and the Maintenance Program by supporting new programs and projects as directed
· Technical release of aircraft when required
· Other duties as assigned
· Hold a valid Transport Canada Structures “S” license
· Transport Canada “M” licence considered an asset
· Must be able to attain a valid WestJet Encore Certification Authority (ACA) for one (1) or more types of transport category aircraft operated by the Company
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in maintenance of transport category aircraft
· Must hold a valid Radio License Industry Canada Radio (aeronautical) Certificate
· Familiarity with TRAX / Sabre suite considered an asset
· Intermediate computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite is required
· Has good knowledge of the Transport Canada Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) requirements
· Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities
· Ability to plan, layout, assemble, and install sheet metal components working from blueprints, verbal instructions and sketches
· Ability to read and interpret technical data such as Structural Repair Manual, Repair Drawings and Manufactures Engineering Drawings
Desired personal skills:
· A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to effectively communicate with others
· Strong troubleshooting and time management skills
· The ability to make safe / sound decisions, while following documented polices / procedures
· A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise
· Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities under extreme pressure
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
· A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety oriented atmosphere
· Must be flexible to work shift work and travel to support AOGs and off base maintenance events
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.