about 1 month ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 10/02/2017
Posting Close Date: 10/15/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Encore Quality Assurance Auditor
*Please note this position can be based either out of Halifax, Toronto or Calgary.*
· Conducts audits of the Company maintenance organization in accordance with the Maintenance Control Manual.
· Conducts vendor audits and maintains the Approved Vendor List in accordance with the Maintenance Control Manual.
· Conducts surveillance of the maintenance function for work carried out on the aircraft to ensure compliance with the policies procedures contained in this manual.
· Accomplishes audits in accordance with section 8.1 of the Maintenance Control Manual (MCM) and Procedures Manual.
· Ensures Corrective Action Plan (CAP); this includes completion, follow-up and trending, in accordance with the requirements of the Maintenance Control Manual, section 8 and Procedures Manual, section 8.
· Ensures compliance with the QA and SMS requirements of this manual.
· Performs other duties and assignments as requested by the Director, Quality Assurance/Safety.
· Hold a valid Transport Canada M, E, or S license.
· 6 year’s experience working on transport category aircraft
· DHC-8-400 experience an asset may be required to take a FAM or Endorsement Course
· Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities associated with this position.
· Complete on-the-job training regarding auditing depending on experience level as determined by Director, Quality Assurance/Safety
· Complete audit(s) with an experienced Quality Assurance Auditor.
· Completion of a recognized Quality Assurance Auditor Training Course.
· Qualify for a RAIC Pass
· Passport or other required documentation for travel outside Canada
· Valid drivers license
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.