I. JOB PURPOSE
To assist aircraft maintenance personnel in the service, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts, and accessories.
II. WORKING CONDITIONS
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to or over 75 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Aircraft ground servicing equipment including tugs, tractors, hi-lifts, trucks, service carts and hand tools.
Work Location: Dismantlement Area.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets, working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery; aircraft fuel tank entry.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
III. JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists A&P mechanics in preparing an aircraft for assembly or maintenance, to include, cleaning of parts, removing and replacing components.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes, under direct supervision.
- Upon completion of work scope obtains the signature of a certified mechanic on work cards or forms.
- Ensures that proper documentation is made on training record for training received, and signed by the immediate Lead, Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning, under direct supervision.
*This position does not offer a relocation allowance
Duties not listed within the position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of the department management. Job functions and percentages may vary due to irregular working conditions or multiple shift positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Ability to organize and plan work adhering to deadlines; attention to detail and mathematical skills; ability to read, write, and understand the English language and to follow verbal and written instruction; ability to interpret and apply technical data relating to position; ability to safely drive and operate a standard shift automotive vehicle and other applicable equipment; ability to work with supervision.
Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent required. Education or training in aircraft maintenance or equivalent combination of education, training or experience preferred.
Experience: Six months to one year experience in aircraft or automotive maintenance preferred.
Certificates/Licenses: Current valid Arizona drivers.
Marana Aerospace Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.