4 months ago
Keyword: Engineer/Analyst, Aerodynamic/Thermodynamic
Request Number: ENG
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Mississauga (Ontario)
Organisational Unit: 3122-Combustion & Aerodynamics
Posting Start Date: 2018-02-22
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
Design, development, and testing of a variety of power plants, aircraft, and parts taking into consideration the most efficient use of the natural laws affecting flight. Establishment of structural specifications, performance of stress analysis, and conducting of performance tests.
Includes aerodynamics, stability and control, flutter and vibration, landing loads, aircraft structures, hydrodynamics, propulsion system, aircraft fuels and combustion, instrumentation.
Level of Responsibility:
· Responsible for small projects or multiple tasks within functional discipline;
· Makes significant contribution to their team by applying their knowledge of the discipline;
· Works with moderate guidance on projects with short-term focus;
· Has a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the discipline and role—continuing to develop specialized knowledge.
Specific responsibilities of position: You will be part of a team of specialists responsible for the aero and thermal analyses of combustion module components.
- Analyze and design combustion module components to meet aerodynamic and thermal requirements;
- Propose tests to validate the analyses and follow up on the test results;
- Execute analytical activities to solve aero design issues;
- Produce engineering documents to communicate analytical results.
Qualifications required: - Master/Ph.D degree with 2 to 5 years experience preferred;
- Relevant knowledge and experience in combustion, aerodynamics, heat transfer and operability;
- Ability to use computer software, particularly CATIA (or similar CAT software), ANSYS Fluent, and aerodynamic and heat transfer analytical design tools;
- Desirable qualities: capable of working alone and in teams, good written and oral communication skills, and excellent organisational skills.
Field of studies: Aerospace Engineering, Chemistry Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.