Denver-based Frontier Airlines is proud to be one of the nation’s premier low cost airlines and our cost-conscious model focuses on offering our passengers ‘Low Fares Done Right’. At Frontier, we are committed not only to providing an affordable, “unbundled” fare that makes air travel accessible to everyone, but also to ensuring that our passengers reach their destination safely, on time, and receive friendly service along the way. Because of our wildly popular model and strong corporate governance, we are experiencing unprecedented growth and always looking for new people to join our team.
The Facilities Engineer will develop facilities for Frontier Airlines that are well planned, functional and cost-effective. This position will represent Frontier at airports regarding planning, development and cost control of facilities and projects.
· Oversee development of facilities and construction contracts for new station openings, as well as tenant finish projects, ensuring compliance with airport tenant finish guidelines, as well as coordinating facility related telecommunication needs.
· Provide supervision of construction contracts, schedules, and payments.
o Ensure proper approvals and permits are in place.
o Coordination of outside contractors, architects, construction managers, vendors, etc
· Oversee facility management of Frontier leaseholds, including plant maintenance, facility service agreements (including HVAC, UPS, back-up generators), and emergency responses.
· Complete light construction, HVAC and plumbing repairs.
· Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Facilities Management or similar discipline preferred; combination of relevant education, training and experience considered in lieu of degree
· Experience in airline business, knowledge of airport systems/equipment, & interaction with airport authority/management preferred
· Project management experience managing contractors, vendors and consultants, in compliance with tenant finish guidelines
· 2 to 3 years of experience developing and managing project and facilities related budgets
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in dealing with building systems management
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven skills in analysis, problem solving and negotiations
· Understanding of office building systems (electrical, plumbing, HVAC, architectural), as well as airport facilities (passenger terminals, cargo, aircraft parking/maintenance, GSE maintenance) and airport systems/equipment (baggage, fueling, PLBs, security, signage, FIDS, telecommunications, CUTE)
· Excellent communication and interpersonal interaction skills
· Advanced computer ability, especially development of spreadsheets and models, required for preparation of detailed estimates
· Ability to prepare preliminary schematic plans for development of space planning and tenant finish projects
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature and level of work required of the referenced position; they are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Please be advised that duties and expectations of this position may be subject to change.
Frontier Airlines, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.