7 months ago
Manager Ops Engineering
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Engineer II - Structures provides world-class customer service while keeping safety and compliance the top priorities. This Engineer establishes preventative maintenance procedures and reliability improvements in the interest of safety, cost reduction, and fleet maintenance improvements.
Scope & Complexity
- This individual contributor position supports structures engineering activities for Alaska Airlines (AS).
- Develops repairs, alterations, and maintenance specifications and provides engineering assistance to all departments within the Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) division.
- Establishes preventative maintenance procedures and reliability improvements in the interest of safety, cost reduction, and fleet maintenance improvements.
- Ensures economical and timely completion of modifications and coordinates with company, FAA, and suppliers.
- Provides engineering assistance to the Aircraft On Ground (AOG) engineering and technical services group through analysis of aircraft structures in-service difficulties.
- Reviews service bulletins, service letters, and airworthiness directives and recommends action.
- Develops and issues engineering controls, along with supporting documents, drawings, and manual revisions to accomplish repairs and alterations to aircraft structure(s).
- Develops preventive maintenance procedures and specifications to extend the useful life of aircraft and/or components.
- Investigates problems and proposes modifications, evaluates proposal merits, and recommends solutions, including parts and labor estimates.
- Reviews and updates project tasks, schedule, and change requests in the engineering department's project and change management system.
- Provides assistance to other departments to ensure optimal fleet maintenance programs and reliability.
- Stays abreast of the state-of-the-art and technical developments affecting aircraft structures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum 5 years of aviation industry experience (e.g., airline, OEM, and/or MRO).
- A Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in aerospace or mechanical engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations, operating policies, and procedures.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of aircraft structures (B737CL and B737NG preferred).
- Ability to learn Alaska Airlines Maintenance and Project & Change Management Systems.
- Strong analytical and complex problem-solving ability, particularly in identifying fleet issues and trends.
- Ability to meet assigned project deadlines with self-directed decision making confidence.
- Excellent communication (e.g., verbal, written, and listening), presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to produce clear and concise documentation.
- Detailed oriented and highly organized, with ability to multi-task and work independently with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Corrosion Prevention and Control Programs and Aging Aircraft Safety Rules.
- Project management experience.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: November 26, 2017
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.