11 months ago
Engineer II - III
CDG, a Boeing Company is a world-class strategic partner for engineering-driven organizations that develop, support, operate and maintain complex equipment. CDG serves a broad range of industry sectors, including commercial and VIP aviation, aerospace and defense, manufacturing and other industries.
Come join a dynamic team of Aircraft Engineers. Our engineering services team is leading the way for modern aircraft interiors and helping to provide critical data when airlines and operators need it most. Our culture is open and inclusive.
You will perform concept layouts, preliminary design, and final design of interiors components. Perform integration of interiors components and hardware to meet customer requirements. Perform specific engineering and production tasks associated with certifying Boeing commercial aircraft. Work with airplanes in-service by leading and supporting investigations into emergent issues and failures and provide resolution, analyze improvements and develop processes and tools to improve effectiveness, quality, and efficiency of the entire development life cycle. Interface with other members of project engineering, program/product teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions. Engineer may specialize in Interior Avionics, Electrical Systems, Structural/Stress, Design Interior, or Certification.
Applicants should have experience in the Aerospace industry in engineering, marketing, and program management. The selected person must be a high energy individual who feels comfortable working with production personnel globally. This position can be located in San Diego or Rancho Cucamonga, CA.
Experience and Qualification Requirements: Electrical, Mechanical or Aerospace engineering degree from an ABET certified school preferred, but not required based on relevant experience.
* Engineer II - Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years’ relevant experience or 8 or more years of relevant experience
* Engineer III – Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years’ relevant experience or 12 or more years of relevant
* Experience: Product engineering encompassing components of the entire life cycle – concept to delivery. Engineering within a Boeing Commercial Aircraft Group a plus.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* CATIA V5 skills (part design, surfacing, sheet metal, etc.) are required
* General understanding and familiarization of engineering practices and related technical publications
* Strong PC skills with high proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office products functionality.
* Proficiency in 3D modeling skills.
* Ability to learn new applications quickly.
* Ability to prioritize for maximum productivity for multiple projects
* Ability to define and document processes as required
* Ability to identify potential issues, analyze and recommend improvements and alternate solutions.
* Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Good organizational skills.
* Proven reasoning, analytical abilities and mechanical aptitude.
CDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
US Person: Yes. Due to legal requirements associated with our work statements, you must be able to provide documentation indicating that you are a US Person.
We offer a competitive salary, great benefits, and a pleasant working environment.
* CATIA V5 modeling (part design, surfacing, sheet metal, Electrical etc.)
* Airworthiness certification
* Candidate is responsible for concept development, performing trade studies, CAD model generation of designs, tolerance analysis, mass analysis, producibility analysis, and electrical interconnect cabling.
* Possess an understanding of engineering and drafting job practices, techniques, and standards.
* Provide technical solutions for a wide range of tasks. Work independently to analyze, interpret, and translate source data into the product.
* Guide product design and verifies structural integrity by using and advanced analytical methods, throughout the product lifecycle to develop structural environment, characteristics, and performance.
* Knowledge or experience with aircraft structure, materials, strengths and properties, design criteria, loading conditions and processes (e.g. nondestructive testing, corrosion prevention, fatigue)
* Develop solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives.
* Locate source data from the applicable files and systems.
* Perform detailed analysis and interpretation of source data and make corrections as appropriate.
* Perform production and QA roles as assigned.
* Interact frequently with inter-organizational personnel and external customers. Represents the organization by providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
* Review incoming source data to identify the affect and impact on the product
* Use analytical skills to determine solutions and resolve problems.
* Adhere to established styles and procedures.
* Meet assigned schedules and deadlines.
* Meet production and quality standards.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to travel for training or assignments as required.